Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard

tag
VitaminB
New Visitor

Barclays Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard

I applied for Citi Custom Cash and Discover Card and approved.

Next day applied for the Barclays Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard and got hit with the Under Review. Pulled my 

Called the reconsideration line and was transfered to the Security Dept and was told I need to submit IRS documents.

Crazy!

In 25 years of credit I've never had to submit IRS documets.

Weak Sauce!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclays Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard

Welcome to the forums @VitaminB.

This is pretty much the landscape and more common these days with a variety of lenders plus there are plenty of recent posts from other members where such additional supporting documentation was requested to process an application (personal and/or business accounts).

You don't have to comply with the request if you are unwilling to do so, but they're also not required to lend/open an account in the absence of such information. Their bank, their rules. Other lenders who are known to require this information from time to time include American Express, Citi, Discover, FNBO, Bank of America, Capital One and a variety of regional banks and Credit Unions.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.