Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays=Permanent Ban for IIB

tag
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Barclays=Permanent Ban for IIB

I applied for the Jet Blue. Instant declined no HP. Called representative said if you iib you can never be lended to by them again even if paid back. So I email EO and received a call with the same response. I'm like I see on forums people iib and get it back after like 2 years and they're like nope not Barclays. Soo oh well I guess. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays=Permanent Ban for IIB

Not sure how much you burned them, but there have been successes. It's possible they've changed policy, but not enough DP to support.

Lenders have been known to blacklist for decades on some profiles. Sorry for your denial, but at least you didn't incur an HP.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

498$ 🤪🤭. I wanted to pay all below 600$ but the bankruptcy rules prohibited it. 

Message 3 of 14
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Yup we included them 16 years ago we are still black listed .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Once you burn barcley's you usually never get back with them.   Only a few case I think I have hearrd about regardless of how long ago it was

Message 5 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

You shouldn't lose any sleep over them.

Barclay's has long made a reputation on both ends of the spectrum from slashing lines due to a slight change in breeze to dishing out some towering lines for their choiced card customers.

The former is of more notoriety.

Message 6 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Honestly Barclays is one lender im glad i cant getSmiley Wink

Message 7 of 14
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I think Barclays updated their underwriting a few years for IIB and bankruptcy customers. I didn't include them in my bankruptcy. I have a Ring MC, Apple Visa, and Barnes&Nobles MC. I have had a CLI on those cards in years. 

The only card I really use is the Barnes&Nobles card. 

Barclays is an odd duck.  They always were and will be.

Guyatthebeach

Message 8 of 14
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

If there's a positive it's that they don't waste an HP just to deny you. They still hate me over a Juniper card. But they will all you to be an AU if blacklisted. I'm AU on my wife's Uber Visa...even though the card isn't one we particularly care for once they changed the rewards to Uber Cash.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all I have learned so, so much from these forums. With regard to Barclays, I included them in a BK in 2010. It was an AirTran Airways Visa that was Juniper Bank before Barclays took them over. Anyways, fast forward 11 years and I take the plunge today for a JetBlue MasterCard. The result was instant application under review and then 10 minutes later a decline with no HP. So, I nervously call the recon line and speak to a rep who says he'd be happy to consider me for a recon but I must agree to a HP, which I do. He comes back after what seemed like forever and asked me about my student loans then he says I can see that you've maintained an excellent payment history with your revolving accounts and then he said those magic words "I'd be happy to approve you after reconsideration". I'm ecstatic. Granted my limit could be higher. I was approved with a SL of $3k. There is life with Barclays after IIB. As today my scores are EX. 722, EQ. 705, TU 731. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.