Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays SUCKS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays SUCKS

@Florida1990 wrote:

Wow I would be very angry. Do not worry where one door closes another one opens.

Barclay's closes, First Premier opens!

Message 21 of 91
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Florida1990 wrote:

Wow I would be very angry. Do not worry where one door closes another one opens.

LMAO! More like First Premier ALWAYS open.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 22 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Florida1990 wrote:

LMAO! More like First Premier ALWAYS open.

ugh I hate first premier sooooo much! never more disgusted with a company in my ENTIRE lifetime and I have been in customer service over 20 years so thats saying alot!

Message 23 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Florida1990 wrote:

don't forget credit one!

Message 24 of 91
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply Red.   I have maybe 12 new credit lines they didn't like although NONE of them have a balance.    Barclays are very arrogant or sensitive.   I have no clue.

12 new accounts over a span of 4 months raises a big red flag for many lenders, even if there isn't a balance on any of them. One of their concerns is that you may be planning a strategic BK, or the possibility that other lenders have not updated their balances onto your CR. Chase had the same issue with me previously.

That being said, if you do not need Barclays, just move on. But you should really stop applying and lay low for 6-12 months. 

It was no suprise, even Ray Charles (may he RIP) could have seen that coming.  OP, maybe moderation should be key here and consider risk management from their perspective. 

Message 25 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

It was no suprise, even Ray Charles (may he RIP) could have seen that coming.  OP, maybe moderation should be key here and consider risk management from their perspective. 

I would've went with Stevie Wonder Smiley LOL

Message 26 of 91
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear this OP!!! Barclays will watch you ( just think of the Michael Jackson song... I always feel like.. Somebody's watching me) lol, they are sensitive to new accounts and inquires after them. I'm lucky they didn't shut me down because I had like 2-3 new accts and like 10inquires since no opened them, but my overall util was 0-1% showing at all times on reports and I used the card heavily with weekly big payments. I think that's what saved me, and they even gave me a cli! Now I'm chilling for 2 yrs with no more inquires or new accts. sorry that happened, maybe you could call back tomorrow to an analyst and apologize and ask them if they could reopen?? Smiley Sad
Message 27 of 91
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

I hope this doesn't happen to me. I JUST opened a new Barclays Apple Rewards card the other day and just did a CLI on my US Airways card like 30 seconds ago. However, my plan is to transfer the CL of my US Airways to my Apple card and close the US Airways card. I've moved and I don't ever fly that airline anymore.

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 28 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice.    I learned a lesson.   I am going to attempt to recon with Barclays to reopen the account.   Maybe it will work, maybe it won't.   I should be allowed to state my case though.

Message 29 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OHWWCB wrote:

I hope this doesn't happen to me. I JUST opened a new Barclays Apple Rewards card the other day and just did a CLI on my US Airways card like 30 seconds ago. However, my plan is to transfer the CL of my US Airways to my Apple card and close the US Airways card. I've moved and I don't ever fly that airline anymore.

But US airways card will be switched over to AAdvantage card, and will be limited edition soon. Keep it as a special card... like Amex zync Smiley LOL

Message 30 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.