Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays US Airways Denied!

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays US Airways Denied!

@enharu wrote:

I can't remember Citi's app limits. Longtimelurker probably knows more about that, or you can also check FT. Some said it's 1 app per 7 days, some said 10?

FYI   citi   1 application per 8 days and only 2 apps within 65 days.......

Message 31 of 40
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Taxi, yes Lufthansa is Barclays as well. Its still pending.

Odd dog, that's what i thought as well. I wasnt sure if cancelled apps counted towards the Citi rule.
Message 32 of 40
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Odd dog, that's what i thought as well. I wasnt sure if cancelled apps counted towards the Citi rule.

good luck B on the app...when i applied for the Sallie Mae last month it also went into pending (first time it went into review with Barclays apps) and told myself just to let it sit.. I had 4 instant approvals with them in the last 1.5 years so i was sure this time i would be denied for reaching max exposure or number of cards. Well a couple of days later the security verification dept. calls me to verify it was me and got approved for 9k. Maybe since you just attempted to apply for the 2nd US card thats why it went into manual/pending reivew?.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 33 of 40
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Dodgerslv, I'm hoping the US Air card was system rejected. I just got one in May and figure what the heck I'll try for another. There was no hard pull for it. As long as Barclays credit analyst isn't the one calling I'll gladly talk to security analyst!! I've also had mixed results; sometimes instant approval, other times it approves the next day.
Message 34 of 40
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Odd dog, that's what i thought as well. Iwasnt sure if cancelled apps counted towards theCiti rule.

DENIED ones do count, you got me with cancelled ones....BUT I know you can call and ask what your apps were for the last 4 months and they will tell you so you could call and ask then if the cancelled one is not in there system - your golden!

Message 35 of 40
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I just updated my reports and no hard pull. I'm guessing the system flagged me as an existing cardholder. I might go for Lufthansa card now.

If you don't already have a US Airways card now is a good time to get one. They seem to be eager to get more cardholders especially since they'll be competing with Citi for AAdvantage members.

I've been debating getting the US Air before the cut off myself.  Are the 40,000 miles worth the HP (currently at 6), AAOA hit (4.6 -->4.4)?  I just added 6 accounts, and doubled my CL's ($100K --> $200K) last month.  I know I probably shouldn't, but those miles are tempting ....

Message 36 of 40
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Sillykitty, it's up to you.  Some people don't like the AF which you are required to pay before the bonus miles post.  But it's easier than trying to meet a bonus spend requirement if you're working on others. 

After a few days of pending on Miles and More card, I checked this morning and it was declined as well.  They did hard pull for it, so now I have 4 TU inq.  It's ok, it has a high spend requirement and I'm working on $13.5k on other cards right now.  I might try in 6 months again when the dust settles.

Message 37 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

Sillykitty, it's up to you.  Some people don't like the AF which you are required to pay before the bonus miles post.  But it's easier than trying to meet a bonus spend requirement if you're working on others. 

After a few days of pending on Miles and More card, I checked this morning and it was declined as well.  They did hard pull for it, so now I have 4 TU inq.  It's ok, it has a high spend requirement and I'm working on $13.5k on other cards right now.  I might try in 6 months again when the dust settles.

That's not too bad. I'm about to finish $10,000 minimum spend over the last 2 1/2 months. Smiley Tongue

Message 38 of 40
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

That's not too bad. I'm about to finish $10,000 minimum spend over the last 2 1/2 months. Smiley Tongue

Well considering I've done around $100k total for bonus spend in the last 12 months it's burning me out man!!!  But I'm not complaining lol.

Message 39 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Well considering I've done around $100k total for bonus spend in the last 12 months it's burning me out man!!!  But I'm not complaining lol.

Trust me, If I could cover the 3 Auto Loans, Property taxes and Income taxes w CC without it costing me more than the rewards, I'd probably be able to go another $1,600/mo avg on CC's. For just about everything else i've been able to find a way or another to use a V/MC/AX/DSC for it.

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.