Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Uber Visa Denied. Recon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Uber Visa Denied. Recon?

Applied the end of last week for the Uber Visa and was immediately denied after checking the application status update. I'm guessing instant denial because of my BK in 2016 from what I have now read.

Been gone on vacation so not sure what my letter stated as reasons that probably came this week, but have been thinking maybe I should recon? See quite a few success stories with them on recons. Fico 8 TU would have been 664 at application. 1% UTI. High inquiries though and alot of new accounts as this was the last one I wanted then gardening for 2+ years. Think I have a chance and not waste the hard pull?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays Uber Visa Denied. Recon?

There's a post on the approvals board about a successful recon for starting limit..

That member has a pretty good profile-

Perhaps have a read through it..  Credit-Card-Approvals/Barclay-Uber-Recon-denied-then-approved

Good Luck 

Message 2 of 7
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Applied the end of last week for the Uber Visa and was immediately denied after checking the application status update. I'm guessing instant denial because of my BK in 2016 from what I have now read.

Been gone on vacation so not sure what my letter stated as reasons that probably came this week, but have been thinking maybe I should recon? See quite a few success stories with them on recons. Fico 8 TU would have been 664 at application. 1% UTI. High inquiries though and alot of new accounts as this was the last one I wanted then gardening for 2+ years. Think I have a chance and not waste the hard pull?

I got mine in May on a recon so give it a shot!

Message 3 of 7
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Take mine--I don't want it LOL but yes, definitely try recon. I would ALWAYS at least attempt a recon after taking a HP for something. Barclays isn't as unreasonable as people seem to think. I love my Apple rewards card. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied when I apped for another of their cards due to new accounts. Called recon and the rather nice CSR essentially told me to try again in a year. My scores were in the 730's with just north of a dozen inquiries at the time and no derogs. They do seem to be new account sensitive.

Message 5 of 7
KDKobes
Regular Contributor

I can second that. I applied with same score you, have maybe 1 or 2 inquiries, but I have a BK discharged 2015. I have a couple newer accounts, they want to see 6-12 months of usage on new accounts from what I was told. And they don’t want to see ANY missed payments for 12 months or more.

EX: 694 (F8)(7inq) | TU: 691 (VS3)(5inq) | EQ: 699 (VS3)(5inq)
BK Ch 7 Discharged 2015 | x1 Paid collection | x1 30 day late on file
9% Utilization | AAoA: 2yrs | Updated: *UPDATING*
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

As stated above, they are new accounts sensitive. Not only that, but most times they will want to HP again if you recon, so you could end up wasting another pull.

When I attempted to recon, the credit analyst told me they considered any accounts opened in the last 6 months as “new.” Based on this, I think you should garden for at least 6 months before you try again.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.