Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Uber Visa HP CLI denied.

tag
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Barclays Uber Visa HP CLI denied.

My first denial ever and its from no other than Ser Barclays of Westeros.

I got tired of the $500 limit which I max out pretty much every month and they PIF. The card is about 10 months old. No SP CLI. I was impatient though as my last new card is almost 4 months old. The Barcalys card is 10 months old so I'm 1/6M and 2/12M

I called their phone helpeline and they said it'll be HP.  

Lady said CLI cannot be granted right now and I'll receive a letter in 7-10 days.

I think I messed up by not asking for a smaller limit after she said she can’t offer a CLI. Or they make a counter offer by themselves if they see it fit?

Is this something I can call recon about and will that be another HP?

Thanks

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclays Uber Visa HP CLI denied.

@NaaryalHead wrote:
My first denial ever and its from no other than Ser Barclays of Westeros.

I got tired of the $500 limit which I max out pretty much every month and they PIF. The card is about 10 months old. No SP CLI. I was impatient though as my last new card is almost 4 months old. The Barcalys card is 10 months old so I'm 1/6M and 2/12M

I called their phone helpeline and they said it'll be HP.  

Lady said CLI cannot be granted right now and I'll receive a letter in 7-10 days.

I think I messed up by not asking for a smaller limit after she said she can’t offer a CLI. Or they make a counter offer by themselves if they see it fit?

Is this something I can call recon about and will that be another HP?

Thanks

Unfortunately, it may not appear that any reconsideration efforts would work in this situation.  You can always try, but it seems unlikely.  I'd wait for the letter to confrim the reasons.  Typically, they will counter if your account is eligible for a smaller CLI.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much did you ask for?

Message 3 of 8
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

When I applied for this card, they gave me a limit of $1000, which I personally found pathetic based on my other credit limits. The person I was talking to will not budge. I am approved at this point. 30 minutes later, I called again. Spoke to a different person, asked me about my income, etc, and bumped me to $7500 (still my lowest limit, and I did NOT get the Visa Sig because it was technically a CLI).

Maybe call for reconsideration?

Message 4 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@staticvoidmain wrote:

When I applied for this card, they gave me a limit of $1000, which I personally found pathetic based on my other credit limits. The person I was talking to will not budge. I am approved at this point. 30 minutes later, I called again. Spoke to a different person, asked me about my income, etc, and bumped me to $7500 (still my lowest limit, and I did NOT get the Visa Sig because it was technically a CLI).

Maybe call for reconsideration?

OP
Is the CL 500 (1st post) or 7500 (this post).

I don’t think you messed up. I think the decline may be due to recent accounts added. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the denial Smiley Frustrated  I would be interested to hear the denial reasons.  Let us know when you get the letter.

Message 6 of 8
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

I saw another post for a non uber barclays card and mentioned them double pulling each time. Their recon for cli was another double pull. Not sure the cli is worth 4 inquiries in a day to me. I'll just wait a couple more months. It does feel shi**y getting stuck with a 500 SL but I guess barclays is conservative and my 1y3m aaao isn't really confidence inducing for then.

To answer, I asked for 5000

10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 7 of 8
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

An update: I still do not see any HP on either of the beauros. Is this a normal thing with Barclays?

I've a feeling the system denied my CLI request on other criteria before even bothering with an HP.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.