tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays applications

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I think the applications can stay on file for a few months (I think 2 or 3) and if you have a lot in a recent period, their system will start auto denying you and not pulling anything from your report.

This is exactly what is happening to me now! Every time I apply, it auto-denies me and doesn't even do a pull. Quite annoying. Should I recon? Isn't their recon available 24 hours?

There's a 24/7 recon line number I can PM you. 

What do you think my chances are for the Apple card with 22 new accounts opened in the last 6 months? Lol

Divide the number accounts by the number of months then multiply it by two and use that as a percentage.

The answer is 7% Smiley Tongue

I would not bother unless you feel like calling 15 times.

Message 11 of 19
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I think the applications can stay on file for a few months (I think 2 or 3) and if you have a lot in a recent period, their system will start auto denying you and not pulling anything from your report.

This is exactly what is happening to me now! Every time I apply, it auto-denies me and doesn't even do a pull. Quite annoying. Should I recon? Isn't their recon available 24 hours?

What do you think my chances are for the Apple card with 22 new accounts opened in the last 6 months? Lol

I keep hearing Apple card is supposed to be easy to get but be prepared to have a good explanation on recon for the new accounts. They can be pretty stern with that stuff. :/

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Divide the number accounts by the number of months then multiply it by two and use that as a percentage.

Pretty sure I could get it, but I don't want to have to kiss their butt to do it. Smiley Wink

Maybe I will just wait a few more months.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Where did you come up with this algorithm? lmao

Message 14 of 19
Lyythine
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Where did you come up with this algorithm? lmao

I'm guessing Nixon was winging it on that one. Although the % chance of approval on 22 new accounts is probably pretty close Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was definitely winging it after actually doing the math.

However yes 7% is likely.
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 banks I still need to crack. Then my portfolio will be complete. Barclays, Amex, and Citi. Gardening is just so boring! I couldn't even make it a month lol. I have the eternal seedling.......

Message 17 of 19
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 3 banks I still need to crack. Then my portfolio will be complete. Barclays, Amex, and Citi. Gardening is just so boring! I couldn't even make it a month lol. I have the eternal seedling.......

Quick question, whats your AAoA? I have 8,9 inqs on tu, eq and 4 on EX. I want to app for a hotel card but afraid im gonna spook all my current lender. But 22 cards within 6 months is amazing, what bank do you have the most cc with if you dont mind? 

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigbang91 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick question, whats your AAoA? I have 8,9 inqs on tu, eq and 4 on EX. I want to app for a hotel card but afraid im gonna spook all my current lender. But 22 cards within 6 months is amazing, what bank do you have the most cc with if you dont mind? 

This is from myFICO TU:

Your oldest account was opened 8 Years, 7 Months ago

Average age of your accounts 9 months

I have the most CC with Synchrony. Nearly $50k

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.