Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays prequal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays prequal

The Barclays Rewards is my 7th month rebuild card to get. I'm one month in with low scores, entered in my exact TU info and got the Arrival recommendation. No way that's happening. 

Message 11 of 57
12njoy
Super Contributor

Interesting.  i tried it and it came back with the Barclays Rewards and Arrival+.  the Reards came back with a specific APR but the Arrival+ had a range APR.  I checked their card website and the Rewards card has an APR of 24.99 while the recommended site has an APR of 17.99

Terms and Conditions

Interest Rates and Interest Charges

Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases

17.99% 

This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

APR for Balance Transfers

0% introductory APR for the first fifteen billing cycles following each balance transfer that posts to your account within 45 days of account opening.

After that, (and for balance transfers that do not post within 45 days of account opening) your APR will be 17.99%. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

APR for Cash Advances

25.24%

This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchases

Your due date is at least 23 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month.

Minimum Interest Charge

If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $0.50

For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore.

Fees

Annual Fee

$0

Transaction Fees:

• Balance Transfer

Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.

• Cash Advance

Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.

• Foreign Transaction

3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.

Penalty Fees:

• Late Payment

Up to $37  

• Returned Payment

Up to $37  

How We Will Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called "daily balance (including new purchases)".

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 12 of 57
12njoy
Super Contributor

I think I'll wait for someone to test this out before I do Smiley LOL

___________ 12Njoy
Message 13 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, I did not get any APR info what so ever.

Message 14 of 57
12njoy
Super Contributor

Disregard last post about the specific APR.  Just tried preapproval for Donald Duck.  Mr. Duck got the same APR on the Rewards card.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 15 of 57
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea, I did not get any APR info what so ever.

It's under "Terms and conditions"  under "apply now"

___________ 12Njoy
Message 16 of 57
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

I tried and got the congratulations for the rewards card. So are you guys saying this is bogus

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 17 of 57
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I think it definitely is if you get the generic reply. It may have some credibility if you get Pre-selected with a specific APR. Some of the people who have gotten approved after using it may have gotten approved anyway so it is really hard to tell.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 18 of 57
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

Yes it said Congratulations you have been preselected for the rewards card. With an accept button.  Maybe it's legit??

Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
Message 19 of 57
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

24.99% apr

Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.