Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays "STILL" Blacklisted

tag
blazerein
Established Contributor

Barclays "STILL" Blacklisted

So back 7 years ago, I don't have any clue regarding FICO and how credit works so guess what?  I burned Barclays and went to a collection. From then I could not apply with them but the good news is, they don't do any HP.  They just denied you.  I thought I got back to barclays from the backdoor when Barclays bought out Synchrony GAP. Well what do you know, I try to apply for the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MC (I live in Hawaii and wanted this for a long time) - DENIED and NO HP like before.... ugh!  Still Blacklisted.  Anyways, that's my story, looks like Blacklisted for LIFE.

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclays "STILL" Blacklisted

Seems its the real deal. Theres threads on here going back to 2019 of the same ban for life. One poster tried after 17yrs. BL'ed. Many will let you back in after paying it all back. Theres so many more cards beter than Barclay's. Wave bye Smiley Happy

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Barclays-quot-blacklist-how-to-get-off-or-... 

Message 2 of 13
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

When i was denied by barclays about 6 months ago they hit me with a hp.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 3 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yea Barclays BLs for life. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 13
PapaTunde
Established Contributor

9@SUPERSQUID wrote:

Ive been riding the Barclay BL bus for 10+ years now.

Every couple of months, I app for some random Barclay card ( aways with all files frozen ) just to see if Im still BLed.

All Fico9 835+ or there abouts

These violent delights have violent ends
Message 5 of 13
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

I haven't applied with them for quite some time tried a few times  . We included  them in our BK in 2005. We are still blacklisted and yes they did a HP. For those who don't get a HP consider yourself lucky .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 13
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@blazerein wrote:

So back 7 years ago, I don't have any clue regarding FICO and how credit works so guess what?  I burned Barclays and went to a collection. From then I could not apply with them but the good news is, they don't do any HP.  They just denied you.  I thought I got back to barclays from the backdoor when Barclays bought out Synchrony GAP. Well what do you know, I try to apply for the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MC (I live in Hawaii and wanted this for a long time) - DENIED and NO HP like before.... ugh!  Still Blacklisted.  Anyways, that's my story, looks like Blacklisted for LIFE.

I really wouldn't sweat it.

Much like those who lament not getting love from Cap 1, you'll benefit from OTHER CCCs who offer some wonderful benefits.

Ironically enough, some of these same BL and so-called "prime" lenders will start to fill your mailbox with pre-approval offers after long. It happened to me after a BK 7 had those lenders looking down on me for years. Local credit unions weren't so punitive...and now I trash those "prime" offers and stick with the CUs who have been very good to me as I have climbed into high-FICO territory.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 7 of 13
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

BarclayUS has repositioned themselves nowadays as strictly a niche issuer of co-branded cards, primarily travel-centric with a few outliers.   I kinda think that the majority of people on their blacklist find that at most being on their blacklist is a minor inconvenience.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 13
mrcrisp023
Frequent Contributor

Agreed. I was looking at their cards today and none of them appeal to me in any way shape or form. I let my account with them go in collections almost 7 years ago and paid them back last year. I was considering another card since they pull TU and it's my highest score but now I don't have to waste my time or energy because I don't like their cards. Good riddance!

Capital One SavorOne: $3000 / Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $500 / Mission Lane: $1500 / Merrick: $2000 / CreditOne Amex: $850

Starting 09/2022 MyFico 08: EQ 648 / TU 659 / EX 644
Current MyFico 08: EQ 665 / TU 670 / EX 670

2024 EOY Goal: 750
Message 9 of 13
PapaTunde
Established Contributor

< Barclay's class of 2012 >

All Fico9 835+ or there abouts

These violent delights have violent ends
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.