Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays recon issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays recon issue

Hi everybody:

I just applied the Aviator Red from barclays and the application needs to be further reviewed. So I called the recon number 866-408-4064 but it said their office is closed. What happend? Is 15:30 PM NYC time late?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays recon issue

Alright guys I found why, there are two numbers. One has limited time and another is 24hrs, I'll try the the 24hrs one now.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i rather just check status on their website first and not call or recon just now.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. Actually I checked it and it was rejected. Just forgot to mention that.

Message 4 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

What were the reasons cited for being declined @Anonymous?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 24hrs recon number is not working, either. I tried to call the customer service number and after 5 times of transfer I was able to speak with an credit analyst. She said I'm "lucky" because she was the only analyst at that time.....omg what happend? 

Anyway I told her about my situation and she said she can't approve my AA red card because "I have too many accounts in the past 24 months" and due to this reason she can't do anything further.

This is so weird. I've heard there is a 6/24 rule for Arrival and A+ card. Did this rule spread to some co-brand cards or I'm just unlucky? Should I try to recon again tomorrow, or is there any chances to get it approved?

BTW, my TU score is 748 and 11/24,.

Message 6 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Actually, that sounds about right. They've tightened some of the UW not just for the Arrival card, but other products as well OP. This includes the Aviator and Uber CCs, for example.

So, you're welcome to try again, but it's unlikely that they'll budge on the original decision, unfortunately.
Message 7 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Welcome Varph! Sorry you were denied. I think some of the "tightening" that FinStar mentioned has been catching some people by surprise, so don't feel too bad about it. Hopefully, taking the HP wasn't a big deal and you were just trying to add to your profile.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you RonM21! And yes, that was really a surprise for me. I was planning to move my loyalty program from UA to AA and let this card to be the starting point. Sad.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason given to me via letter i just received for my app with Barclays is

Too many new accounts in last 24 months.

O well.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.