Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Credit Application Decision

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy Credit Application Decision

I applied online at Bestbuy.com, for a credit card. After a minute or so (and after a hard pull) a screen popped up that said:

"Thank you for applying. Your My Best Buy credit card application has been received. Please continue to BestBuy.com to view our decision."

There is a 'continue' button underneath that takes you back to Best Buy's homepage. There isnt any info regarding their decision, and their "check application status" selection results in the above mentioned message.

Has anyone experienced this? Neither an Approval or a Denial was given. They didn't ask me to call, nor was I told to wait.

There's zero help online. I'm assuming I'm not the first to get this message; however, I appear to be the first to post a question about it!

Any help is welcome!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Best Buy Credit Application Decision

I would think a denial, but best thing would be to call and ask to find out.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 11
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Wow! A lot of promotions occurring around here, I am just taking notice of them... Congratulations @OmarGB9 

Message 3 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Credit4Growth wrote:

Wow! A lot of promotions occurring around here, I am just taking notice of them... Congratulations @OmarGB9 

Thanks @Credit4Growth! Smiley Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

OP I would say give them a call when you get a moment. Depending on the time of day, Citi's website can be a real pain. I've noticed that Citi's systems are a bit sporadic during late evening hours. You can try the website again tomorrow if you'd like or just call.

Good luck to you.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update? Were you able to get ahold of them?  Having the same issue. Thanks!

Message 6 of 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Try calling the card center at 1-888-574-1301, you should be prompted to enter your SSN and get transferred to a live rep.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 7 of 11
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

How did this turn out? 

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied. I have credit scores of 810-840, utilizing 31%, and no derogatory remarks.

Their reason was that I had "too many recent inquiries".

The recent inquiry was 2 months prior, when I opened a new checking account and got a Credit card through the bank.

Before that, my last inquiry was a Sephora card from 2018.

I dont understand what they are looking for in a borrower!

Message 9 of 11
silver_idle
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was denied. I have credit scores of 810-840, utilizing 31%, and no derogatory remarks.

Their reason was that I had "too many recent inquiries".

The recent inquiry was 2 months prior, when I opened a new checking account and got a Credit card through the bank.

Before that, my last inquiry was a Sephora card from 2018.

I dont understand what they are looking for in a borrower!

IIRC they use equifax for their decision. I was approved for a Best Buy card with 7+ inquiries in the past 12 months. You may want to pull your credit report to check. Also pay attention to the notice they gave because they may list other CRA that you can pull, since creditors usually include others outside of TU, EQ, and EX. If its just equifax and you only have 2 in the last 24 months you could see if you can recon their decision or maybe have them explain.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.