Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy MC CLI - Review

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Best Buy MC CLI - Review

I submitted "again" CLI from my $750 to this time a small $5k... it went to review... I literally might not be able to control myself from closing it if they don't budge!

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Best Buy MC CLI - Review

I'll take a HP CLI request for $5k Alex...

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

I submitted "again" CLI from my $750 to this time a small $5k... it went to review... I literally might not be able to control myself from closing it if they don't budge!

But then you'd be back to 66.

Message 3 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

Who are they pulling for the CLI. i almost pulled trigger earlier on cli with my best buy mastercard. it is at 2k. but i would like it to be 5k to match my other cards. then i saw where they will pull my credit report. hmm. no thanks. do they review all of them. or are they inquiry senstive. as i have 9 on eq. 13 on experian. 4 on transunion. just not sure. please keep posted.

Message 4 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Who are they pulling for the CLI. i almost pulled trigger earlier on cli with my best buy mastercard. it is at 2k. but i would like it to be 5k to match my other cards. then i saw where they will pull my credit report. hmm. no thanks. do they review all of them. or are they inquiry senstive. as i have 9 on eq. 13 on experian. 4 on transunion. just not sure. please keep posted.

TU

Mine was denied... I HATE THEM

Message 5 of 29
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Good luck. I contacted their EO in November and groveled for even a $100 cli. No go.

Message 6 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

escalated to manager who came on the line and said they have no way to know if it's a hp or sp and they can't transfer to underwriting, they can't speak to underwriting and she didn't have anyone else to esclate to either.

I told her CITI should be ashamed to leave her as a LEAD MANAGER with such little training, little information and stupid stupid stupid answers...

she said "our training does not include anything about credit and we can only submit requests on the computer and can't review or talk to anyone about credit"

"I said I rather be unemployed then have to give the answers that she just gave to me because I am to intelligent to pretent to be that stupid... I'm sorry for your position that Citi has put you in because it's not your fault and have a good day"

Message 7 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

TU

Mine was denied... I HATE THEM

i thought they were true eq pullers. if tu. i may bite the bullet. as i have the plat with em anyway. i know they seem to hate those old gold mastercards. for some reason. some people still stuck at 300 dollar limits. hmmm.

Message 8 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

CLI are TU

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

escalated to manager who came on the line and said they have no way to know if it's a hp or sp and they can't transfer to underwriting, they can't speak to underwriting and she didn't have anyone else to esclate to either.

I told her CITI should be ashamed to leave her as a LEAD MANAGER with such little training, little information and stupid stupid stupid answers...

she said "our training does not include anything about credit and we can only submit requests on the computer and can't review or talk to anyone about credit"

"I said I rather be unemployed then have to give the answers that she just gave to me because I am to intelligent to pretent to be that stupid... I'm sorry for your position that Citi has put you in because it's not your fault and have a good day"

Rather than an electric fence ... a cow prod might work better for you. Thought you lost your laundry service? Maybe you are unemployed and could help Citi out as they could use it Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.