Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy MC CLI - Review

tag
shmacckk
Regular Contributor

Re: Best Buy MC CLI - Review

Last year my wife called them up and asked for the increase over the phone. They pulled TU and asked her some questions like how much money we had in the bank and if we would be paying the balances we charge from the funds in the bank or from money earned lol. I told her to ask for 10k increase from the meager 750 limit she had. We told them we needed the big limit for a tv purchase and they came back after putting on hold for 10 min and approved her. Her new limit is 10750.00

Message 21 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Update: They HP TU

Message 22 of 29
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@shmacckk wrote:

Last year my wife called them up and asked for the increase over the phone. They pulled TU and asked her some questions like how much money we had in the bank and if we would be paying the balances we charge from the funds in the bank or from money earned lol. I told her to ask for 10k increase from the meager 750 limit she had. We told them we needed the big limit for a tv purchase and they came back after putting on hold for 10 min and approved her. Her new limit is 10750.00

She gonna buy a 100" 4k HDTV?

Smiley Very Happy

I've had the BB MC for going on 4 years, from HSBC days. They just recently agreed to my $2k CL request with a hard pull. Even my lowly Merrick Bank Visa, which I've had almost as long, has a $3100 CL, from auto CLI SP - but with a 25.45% interest rate all Merrick gets is my Netflix billing, and an occaisional Dollar store tp & dog biscuiit purchase. Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Just received the letter online:

TU 704!!!!

- Serious Delinquency

- Insufficient length of credit history (new accounts?)

- Insufficient length of revolving credit history (new accounts?)

- Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high (my car loan is only 2-3 months old... THAT's GHETTO!)

Message 24 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Just received the letter online:

TU 704!!!!

- Serious Delinquency

- Insufficient length of credit history (new accounts?)

- Insufficient length of revolving credit history (new accounts?)

- Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high (my car loan is only 2-3 months old... THAT's GHETTO!)

I'm sure my letter will be same. I guess they font like to give clis unless you are in store at register with a flat screen. Geez. 

Just checked letter. They pulled my Equifax. Too many inquiries in last 12 months. And a 5 year old paid collections. 

Message 25 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'm 34 minutes in and on 4th transfer:

So far not one person can do anything but see the letter, see that a letter was sent, say that they only get a "Summary of my credit from the credit reports and if it's not correct I should contact the credit report agency" but not one person that can view a copy of a credit report!

I'm like why can I call Home Depot and talk with credit instantly but Best Buy says they don't have a credit department.

Please give me strength not to close this account!

Message 26 of 29
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

You ain't closed that yet CA???? 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 27 of 29
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

This is why I closed my Best Buy card that was originally issued by HSBC after they transitioned over to Citi.  They simply wouldnt budge on a credit limit increase and it was stuck at a $300 limit.  A few months after closing I reapplied and was instantly approved for $5000. Nothing had even changed on my reports. 

Message 28 of 29
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@DiabolicallyRandom wrote:

This is why I closed my Best Buy card that was originally issued by HSBC after they transitioned over to Citi.  They simply wouldnt budge on a credit limit increase and it was stuck at a $300 limit.  A few months after closing I reapplied and was instantly approved for $5000. Nothing had even changed on my reports. 

Strange. I got it from HSBC also, and I thought my $500 CL was pathetic. Before it transitioned to Citi Cap One had it for a year or so, and they doubled the CL to $1k over the phone, if there was any CR pull it was a soft pull. Then I requested a $2k CL from Citi while logged into the account web site last fall and it was approved within 30 minutes, but with a TU hard pull.

I burned Cap One in my BK7, but my BB MC acccount history with them seemed to get me an in with them, their pre-qualifier recommended the Quicksilver Rewards card for me, and they approved me for a $10k CL, much to my surprise. Didn't get me in with Citi yet though, their pre-qualifier comes back with "You can't be serious!". j/k

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.