cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Store Card vs Best Buy Citi Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy Store Card vs Best Buy Citi Card?

I’m looking into buying one of the updated MacBook Pro’s that we’re just released and I was thinking of purchasing it with a Best Buy Card and I’m debating between applying for the Best Buy Store Card or the Best Buy Citi Card. I’ve read various posts here about Best Buy Card approvals and it seems that most people go for the Citi card. The only reason I’m hesitant is that I was just approved for the Costco Citi Card a couple of weeks ago for 10k so I don’t know if that would impact my CL and I don’t want to over do it with them. I also like to avoid HPs if possible—particularly with the same credit bureau. Does anyone have any insight on this? Does the store card pull from the same credit bureau as the citi card? Are the CL similar despite which one you apply for?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Best Buy Store Card vs Best Buy Citi Card?

When you apply for Best Buy you are given the choice to choose. Either the store card or the Visa, very rare to be given choice. A hard pull cannot be avoided. Usually the sl will be same either or, I've noticed most start out at 2k but could be more or less depending on your profile. Though all credit limits achieved via legacy and store cards will affect overall exposure with Citi, you should be ok if you app. I'd person as ll fo for the Visa, just more places to use and some rewards achievable.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.