Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Cards for Me???

tag
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best Cards for Me???

Wow thanks you all. A lot of this info is very helpful.

The upgrade link upgraded my Platinum Capital One to a QS. Smiley Happy

You all are correct, all of the few chargeoffs I have ARE UNPAID...

I wasn't aware Paid v.s UNPAID were a significant difference...? I assumed "A chargeoff is a chargeoff.". Lol

So since they are only a year from falling off, would the improvement gained be worth spending the few thousand to pay them off?

ANY SUGGESTIONS as to banks which may approve a 620? Good banks -- not First Premier types.

Message 11 of 14
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

@Charmante wrote:

I am working hard to rebuild my credit but I am feeling as if it's not working as quickly as it should be.

I have ZERO debt. NO inquiries. Annual income slightly under $100,000.

***You do unless all of the items listed below are paid in full.***

I have only two credit cards. Both Capital One Platinum. One is 3 years old. One is 4 years old. One is NEVER LATE. One had a 90 day late one time.   ***This is a major reason here.....it's a big deal to a potential creditor......***

The only negatives are 5 charged off student loans from 7 years ago (they delete next month), a Sprint charge off from 6 years ago for $1,800, and a small $400 medical bill which is 5 years old.

***All very good examples of reasons a creditor will not grant you a card***

No bankruptcies, liens, or judgements.

BUT my scores are still LOW... 605-630 across board...

AND NO ONE WILL APPROVE ME... I applied (through SP) for an Auto Loan through Carvana; CC's through BofA, Discover, Citi, etc...

Help me please...

Where should I apply?    You should not

Who WILL Approve Me? No one you'd want to do business with long term 

Also -- what are some suggestions to increase my scores?

Thank you all SO much for your help and guidance.

I don't want to seem like a jerk and I've debated on replying to the thread... With that said you've listed 8 excellent reasons why you should not be approved for anything at this time. You should just cool your jets and let what's close to aging off your CR's just age off. See if you can pay for delete the rest of the baddies. If not then you'll be playing the waiting list game until it all comes off. In term of lates the only thing worse than the 90 day is a 120 day late. 

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 12 of 14
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

@Charmante wrote:

I am working hard to rebuild my credit but I am feeling as if it's not working as quickly as it should be.

I have ZERO debt. NO inquiries. Annual income slightly under $100,000.

I have only two credit cards. Both Capital One Platinum. One is 3 years old. One is 4 years old. One is NEVER LATE. One had a 90 day late one time.

The only negatives are 5 charged off student loans from 7 years ago (they delete next month), a Sprint charge off from 6 years ago for $1,800, and a small $400 medical bill which is 5 years old.

No bankruptcies, liens, or judgements.

BUT my scores are still LOW... 605-630 across board...

AND NO ONE WILL APPROVE ME... I applied (through SP) for an Auto Loan through Carvana; CC's through BofA, Discover, Citi, etc...

Help me please...

Where should I apply?

Who WILL Approve Me?

Also -- what are some suggestions to increase my scores?

Thank you all SO much for your help and guidance.

I know it can feel like you aren't moving thr before,  but remember,  it took a long time to put you in a bad credit situation,  it's going to take a while to get out of it.

You've just listed 8 major derogatory items on your credit report that are going to scare any lender. You either need to work with the existing lenders to pay your debts,  pay for delete,  goodwill remove derogs, etc or you need to wait for these items to age off. No one is giving you credit with these items in your credit report. 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 13 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your product upgrade!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.