Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Gas card other than NRA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Gas card other than NRA?

Hey there,

I was hoping if someone could help me out. Is there another card that will give 5% cash back on gas besides the NRA Visa card?

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Best Gas card other than NRA?

Sam's Club MC is the one I use for gas that's 5%. Redemptions are yearly though which may turn some off.

Message 2 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature.  Earn 5x points per dollar spent on gas.

Message 3 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Penfed Platinum Rewards Signature Visa looks interesting. Forgive me if this is a silly question but, is it fairly easy to redeem those rewards points as cash back? I'm not very familar with Penfed and after checking out thier website, it wasn't clear to me.

Message 4 of 46
BigBS
Senior Contributor

They are redeemed as a statement credit.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 5 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is that the Penfed card is not a true 5% card.  Works out to 4.15%, due to the points value only being $.0083.  Costco is a great card for gas, if you already have a membership.  Only 4%, but their gas prices are great to begin with.  

Message 6 of 46
BigBS
Senior Contributor

wrote:

My understanding is that the Penfed card is not a true 5% card.  Works out to 4.15%, due to the points value only being $.0083.  Costco is a great card for gas, if you already have a membership.  Only 4%, but their gas prices are great to begin with.  

Interesting.  Spent $70 last month and received $3.50 in credit.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 7 of 46
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Fortknox credit union gives 5% but I don't have their card. Discover and Chase Freedom, depending on the quarterly categories offer 5% on gas, and Sams club mastercard gives 5%, not sure about citibank cards but that's from what I know.

Message 8 of 46
trusty
Frequent Contributor

There's also Ducks Unlimited at 5%; but it's also issued by FNBO.
Message 9 of 46
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Pretty much the same card, different name for NRA lol.

Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.