Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Strategy for Next App Spree?! Please HELP

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Best Strategy for Next App Spree?! Please HELP

I don't want to go to crazy and I definitely don't want to add a TON of inquiries but here is what I am wanting to add/do and I need you guys/gals help to help me make sense as to adding which when so I don't just app for them all at once lol.     My next 'big purchase' will be in May/June 2021 so that will give plenty of time for the 6 months to pass after opening whatever/allever lol.

-I know I want to Open a NFCU account later this year (likely June)

-I know I want to add Synchrony's Car Care CC and (Care Credit this card will replace the crappy one I got by mistake) (After May but I may do this when I open the NFCU so keep the inquiries at the same time/month)

-I know I would like to open Citi Double Cash or Rewards+ Card to add a MC to the mix ((if any of the other is a good MC I won't probably need either))

-I know I would like to open a Platinum or CashReward or More Reward from NFCU when the opt in time is right (probably the 91/3 or whichever it is after opening but I'm still stuck on which one of those ....So as you can see it's a LOT on my plate of TO DO lol.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Best Strategy for Next App Spree?! Please HELP

Why not apply for Navy membership now? It should be SP TU to join. Let your account marinate until you apply for a CC product.

Message 2 of 21
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Right this moment I still have high UTL so I am worried that will affect their decision.  Smiley Happy      

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

Why not apply for Navy membership now? It should be SP TU to join. Let your account marinate until you apply for a CC product.

+1 i totally agree.

Message 4 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

Right this moment I still have high UTL so I am worried that will affect their decision.  Smiley Happy      

You're not applying for credit. Thus, I would think score would be irrelevant.

Message 5 of 21
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

If that's the case I may join next month LOLOLOL

Message 6 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

The longer you wait, the shorter your length of membership will be. I think membership length counts a lot for Navy.

They are open 24/7/365+1 for leap year. Call should take about 15-20 minutes. Longer if you want to chit chat with the csr.

Message 7 of 21
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Now to figure out the rest XD

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

It won't. Their decision for membership is off of your EWS report and your eligibility. 

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

Now to figure out the rest XD

If you want to keep your apps down, get your Sync cards, get cashRewards and choose mastercard instead of VISA, get Platinum or More Rewards at 91/3. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.