Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Western Credit Card - Annual Spend

tag
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Best Western Credit Card - Annual Spend

Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting the Best Western credit card, not that I stay there or anything like that but for the bonus and also I like the annual spend of $5K which gets you 40k bonus points. I've been looking at a few cities and states, like right now I'm staying at the Hyatt right now but for 40k points, I could get 2 nights for $225.46, but if I spent $5k even at 3%, I'll only get $150. At 2%, I'll get 100. Does it makes sense for me to get it? It sucks that I have to pay the AF, $89 fee. Even with that, I would get $136. I feel like the AF would offset the bonus points. What do you guys think? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Best Western Credit Card - Annual Spend

@TheBoondocks wrote:

Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting the Best Western credit card, not that I stay there or anything like that but for the bonus and also I like the annual spend of $5K which gets you 40k bonus points. I've been looking at a few cities and states, like right now I'm staying at the Hyatt right now but for 40k points, I could get 2 nights for $225.46, but if I spent $5k even at 3%, I'll only get $150. At 2%, I'll get 100. Does it makes sense for me to get it? It sucks that I have to pay the AF, $89 fee. Even with that, I would get $136. I feel like the AF would offset the bonus points. What do you guys think? Thanks!

If it is not a hotel chain that you use, why would you want the card? When was the last time you were in a BW? In my experience they are not on the same level as Hyatt....

Message 2 of 3
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Re: Best Western Credit Card - Annual Spend

@dragontears wrote:

@TheBoondocks wrote:

If it is not a hotel chain that you use, why would you want the card? When was the last time you were in a BW? In my experience they are not on the same level as Hyatt....

Because the annual spend, sometimes I have big purchases that I have to make like auto insurance, medical, travel, etc and that's in a year that I could get 2 nights for free. If I have a big purchase, it doesnt make sense for me to get 1x on UR or Hyatt and if I did 2 MR points, I could maybe get like $200 towards travel with that $5K. The annual spend is what attracts me, I like the ongoing bonus of it that's all.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.