Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best approval chances for app spree?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best approval chances for app spree?

I'm gonna put in a few apps tmrw since I have 3 inq from June 11 2018
So I figured June 12 2019 will give me better chances for approval.

The reason for the app spree is there is a chance I might have a medical collection that may show up on my report even tho I paid the collection company any day. It's a 50/50.

My stats
Positive
Citi secured 13mo 0/200
Indigo 10mo 0/300
Kohl's AU. 12yrs 330/3500
Self lender. 7/24mo 325/500
DCU Loan. 6/6mo 0/500 paid off

Negatives
CU loan 24mo 5yr old Paid off /closed 1-30 day late

2- Student Loans- 6 yr old
Charged off- 5500 Bal
Will this fall off next year it's
With Dept of education

TU-698. Inq-1 EQ- 704 inq-3
AAoA- 4yr 9mo. - 5yr 10mo
Income- 94k

Discover is a for sure. But who else
What are my chances for Uber Visa or Amex Delta, PayPal 2%
What else. I wanna put in one for cap1 but I had a secured card long ago that was delinquent and closed but paid off with depoist so am I blacklisted with them.

I'm doing this first thing tmrw and will post results so any guidance is appreciated. I'm gonna do 3-4 apps hope to get at least 2 cards and then garden for 2 years.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best approval chances for app spree?

Why?

Your current profile isn't clean enough to warrant the denials you're bound to run into.  Your ACTUAL accounts aren't old enough. 

Sure everyone has to start somewhere but, I think you're rolling the dice w/o the odds on your side.  Sit it out for awhile and work on getting things cleaned up some more and let those that you can't scrub off your reports age a bit more.

Message 2 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Go for cards you will use or need not just to get. PayPal 2% Mc is a good card. As is Discover. Almost nobody gets blacklisted from Cap One lol. There are people who burn Cap One, declare bk, and a month later get spproved by the same lender they just burnt, go figureSmiley Wink.

You should find out your true Fico scores so you know better where you stand. Amex will primarily pull Ex, Barclays TU, Sync Tu though they have been pulling others lately. Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The reason for the app spree is there is a chance I might have a medical collection that may show up on my report even tho I paid the collection company any day. It's a 50/50.

The thing you want least to happen is for you to be approved, then a collection show up, then accounts new and old may have adverse action against you. There's no point in the new account if they're just going to close it a month later. Also, new account PLUS new collection may spook the other lenders. I wouldn't apply with that hanging over my head.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found out that kohls and Macy's will allow to add a joint user. I have a family member that has both these accounts for over 12 yrs, if I add myself will it seem like Ive had them for 12 yrs and not seem like a AU account
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My advice:

I’d check for pre approval offers first. Discover and capital one are pretty solid with their pre approvals. Maybe even check AMEX.

I wouldn’t go crazy with it though. Maybe find a pre approval with one and if approved, space out a second application... 6 month minimum.

As for your profile... negatives that you have aren’t too bad. I was approved with discover for $9500 starting line with 4 90 day late student loans and a paid collection.

Yes your student loan negatives should fall off 7 yrs from date of first delinquency.

Edited to say: if you paid the collection it shouldn’t show up.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I found out that kohls and Macy's will allow to add a joint user. I have a family member that has both these accounts for over 12 yrs, if I add myself will it seem like Ive had them for 12 yrs and not seem like a AU account

Trying to outsmart the banks isn't going to hide the negatives on your reports.  If you get higher scores from the AU/Joint provision then you still have a dirty file w/ slightly higher scores.

I'm all for throwing caution to the wind in certain circumstances and advise people to go for the card they WANT and not the one that is given.  My view is from experience.  Why waste the inquiries now when you don't really NEED to.  Put in the work and then reap the results.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical collections are incredibly common, most lenders don’t even take them into account these days when reviewing credit anyway, especially if they’re paid. I personally have had a hospital send me to collections for copays twice rather than send me a bill for the copay that’s owed. This is also why medical collections tend to be very easy to get removed. Planning an app spree based on a potential collection account showing up is foolish. Also a collection cannot be added to your credit with a $0 balance so this whole line of questioning is moot. Save your receipt that it was paid and if it shows up, send that in to the credit bureaus and it comes right off. 

Message 8 of 14
xaximus
Valued Contributor

With only knowing 1 score (Is that from CK or a true source?), it's sort of hard to say what you may or may not be approved for. But in general - check pre-approvals/pre-qualify for Discover and AmEx. I would probably not risk Uber since it's owned by Barclay's and they are known to be finicky. Paypal would be another good option.

I would however, not just app for the sake of apping. Look at what the cards offer you and see if it benefits you. Select a method that works for you - points, cashback, etc. Based on your lifestyle, you'll know what is best. Example - for me, I've been concentrating on CB for awhile now, but have mixed it up a little with some travel cards as I do like to travel. But the issue I have now is that, some of my cards are redundant and don't get much use so it's time to trim.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 14
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm gonna put in a few apps tmrw since I have 3 inq from June 11 2018
So I figured June 12 2019 will give me better chances for approval.

My stats
Positive
Citi secured 13mo 0/200
Indigo 10mo 0/300
Kohl's AU. 12yrs 330/3500
Self lender. 7/24mo 325/500
DCU Loan. 6/6mo 0/500 paid off

Negatives
CU loan 24mo 5yr old Paid off /closed 1-30 day late

2- Student Loans- 6 yr old
Charged off- 5500 Bal
Will this fall off next year it's
With Dept of education

TU-698. Inq-1 EQ- 704 inq-3
AAoA- 4yr 9mo. - 5yr 10mo
Income- 94k

Discover is a for sure. But who else
What are my chances for Uber Visa or Amex Delta, PayPal 2%
What else. I wanna put in one for cap1 but I had a secured card long ago that was delinquent and closed but paid off with depoist so am I blacklisted with them.

I'm doing this first thing tmrw and will post results so any guidance is appreciated. I'm gonna do 3-4 apps hope to get at least 2 cards and then garden for 2 years.

IMHO, I think you should save yourself from HPs and likely denials. All of your CCs are toy limits with a young history. It may be best if you go to the garden today. Also, are those FICO scores?

But, if you decide to go ahead with this spree, which I hope you don't, GL2U.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.