cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best travel card? Do I have to bank with BofA to get a travel card? Etc.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best travel card? Do I have to bank with BofA to get a travel card? Etc.

Do you absolutely have to have a banking account to get a BofA travel card? 🤔
I was looking at ANA card, AA, Avios, and maybe a new Discover Miles, Citi Prestige or Premier, or BofA but ...
Do I need to be a customer other than a credit card holder at BofA? Or any others?
And which cards give the best options for traveling to Japan? Or anywhere, really.
Thanks! 😃
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best travel card? Do I have to bank with BofA to get a travel card? Etc.

ANA as regular flights from Honolulu and decent prices. I don't know about the rest of the country. Alaska airlines has decent travel partners if you get that card and the 40k SUP
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you absolutely have to have a banking account to get a BofA travel card? 🤔

Do I need to be a customer other than a credit card holder at BofA? Or any others?

No,  I was abel to open accounts with all of the ones you mentioned w/o a pre-existing account with any of them.  They have grown well since opening escpecially BOA / Disco.  Citi is a bit stubborn even with the AF Premier giving paltry 2K CLI's that are SP and I'm not wasting HP's with them at this point after the initial HP's at opening resulting in minimal 5K bumps from what they were approved for.

Message 3 of 4
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

You only need an account with BofA if you’re a student opening a CC without a SSN

Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.