Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklists and HPs

tag
crednub
New Contributor

Blacklists and HPs

I strongly suspect that I am blacklisted with Citi and Chase. I'm fairly positive about Citi but Chase is a bit more of a question mark. I burned them for less, longer ago, and from what I've read they don't blacklist for quite as long as Citi.

My question is this: Does anyone know if either Citi or Chase HP if they deny for internal blacklist or do they see the internal strike and forego the HP?

Thanks
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Blacklists and HPs

Chase will totally HP you. I've heard both from Citi, depending on which arm of theirs you're applying with.

Message 2 of 9
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@crednub wrote:
I strongly suspect that I am blacklisted with Citi and Chase. I'm fairly positive about Citi but Chase is a bit more of a question mark. I burned them for less, longer ago, and from what I've read they don't blacklist for quite as long as Citi.

My question is this: Does anyone know if either Citi or Chase HP if they deny for internal blacklist or do they see the internal strike and forego the HP?

Thanks

How much did you burn Chase and Citi for?

Message 3 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Chase will totally HP you. I've heard both from Citi, depending on which arm of theirs you're applying with.

Correct. Both Citi/Citi Retail and Chase will HP regardless if on the 'naughty' list. 

Message 4 of 9
dustind
New Contributor

Can you check if Chase has any pre-approved offers?

Message 5 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Was your burn a BK burn, or just a burn like CO?

What type of burn and when did it happen?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@crednub wrote:

Thanks

I am blacklisted by both. Never try to app for Chase yet. But app for a Best Buy Visa and Citi Double Cash cards. Both denied and HP.

Message 7 of 9
crednub
New Contributor

Re: Blacklists and How

@pizza1 wrote:
Was your burn a BK burn, or just a burn like CO?

What type of burn and when did it happen?

They were both C/O's. Honestly, I probably should have gone with BK, but I was young and dumb and just decided to ignore everything and pretend it wasn't happening because I didn't have the finances or knowledge of how to deal with it.

Citi was the last account I managed to keep active until they closed it due to the state of my credit at that point. They let it ride until the physical card came up for renewal then they simply declined to issue a new card and closed the account. I just looked and that was only a little over 4 years ago; though the account has since been settled through a collector and removed from my CRs. I recognize that I have no chance of getting anywhere with Citi anytime even remotely soon; that one is going to be a long, long time if ever. I really only tossed them in since I was asking about Chase anyways; as I said, they are the bigger question mark.

Again, a C/O but nearly twice as long ago at about 7.5-8 years ago and iirc it was in the $1k neighborhood. Also settled with a collector a few years back.

Message 8 of 9
crednub
New Contributor

@dustind wrote:

Can you check if Chase has any pre-approved offers?

I will try again soon, but as of my last check when I was getting a couple new accounts (Amex and Amazon/Sync) almost exactly 2 months ago there were no offers available for me with the prequal tool.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.