Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloomingdales/Macy's HP for CLI??? Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bloomingdales/Macy's HP for CLI??? Help

These are two of my highest limit and fastest growing cards. I always get monthly soft pull CLI's on both. Recently I added my brothers as AU's on my accounts to help them build credit and the cards were sent to me of course. They were stolen in transit via the USPS so I reported them and had them replaced. 

After that, I went to ask for an increase since the issue had been resolved and replacement cards have arrived. Much to my dismay, upon calling, I was informed it would be a HP for a CLI. This has literally never happened before. It is clearly because of the stolen and reported cards but they say it is because:

"they have to update my information from the bureaus, since it hasnt been updated since I got the card years ago" 

Doesnt quite make sense because obviously they SP me with every CLI I would think.

Any thoughts on how to not incur a HP but still get these cards to grow? Or has anyone had a similar experience before?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bloomingdales/Macy's HP for CLI??? Help

I was never hp'd for any CLI on Macy's, only sp. All of my increases were completed online. 

Message 2 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

They're typically SP, but in some instances some folks have reported HPs, although not the norm.

If you want the card to grow then that's kind of the risk one takes I suppose. Are you submitting it on-line or requesting it via phone? What is the current CL?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the confusion. I’ve grown the cards from 100/300 respectively to 15k/9600. All SP.

I always call and ask if SP or HP before pulling the trigger.

They always do “credit report will not be pulled”. However after the fraud incident, they said a HP would be required for the first time.

Not sure if I should just wait it out one cycle And see if it changes.

*** also online always says call in for me

Message 4 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I'm assuming it's an extra measure of protection given that you recently reported the CCs as stolen. It's likely the back-end system is set up that way since SPs do not generate alerts as HPs would.

If you are in no hurry for the CLIs then let the dust settle for a couple of cycles.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My thoughts exactly. Ok cool that’s what I’ll do then.
Message 6 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ive had to endure hps before getting the sps on my Macys. Unless you really are using your limits, if the possibilty of hp scures you then just enjoy what you have. Dont be sn AJC sitting with a 25k Macys that doom him from ever getting sp cli on legacy Citi cards🥴
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.