cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Cash Everyday, what limits did everyone get?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blue Cash Everyday, what limits did everyone get?

I’m curious to see if Amex Blue Cash Everyday gives our generous limits, I’m looking into getting this card and see that I’m pre-qualified. Currently, I have very low limit cards and would like for this to change so I can lower my utilization- Cap one Quicksilverone at $300 USAA Secured at $500 and Chase Freedom Unlimited $1000.

I’m new to the forum here and working on rebuilding my credit, 8 months ago I was at a 517. Now today my Experian FICO is a 706. From credit karma 678 TransUnion and 687 Equifax. I would love to have everyone’s input. Thanks!
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
GMCTexas
New Contributor

Re: Blue Cash Everyday, what limits did everyone get?

2k.

EX Fico was right at 700. Might have been a low SL since I'd gotten a few new cards prior to that, idk. And I didn't get my 61 day CLI either :/
Message 2 of 25
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It's really gonna depend on how the rest of your profile is, especially if you're rebuilding.

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can build generous limits rather quickly with Amex.  I wouldn't expect a high SL given your current profile but the BCE certainly has growth potential.

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

$1K SL with a 680 EX

They just gave me $1K on the Cash Magnet last week with a 713 EX and a lot thicker file with much larger limits ($9K between 3 cards when I got approved for BCE last March vs $59K in limits reporting when I applied on Friday). 

I think in general, AMEX wants to see most customers who have dirty files start at $1K and prove they can handle more. 

Message 5 of 25
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m curious to see if Amex Blue Cash Everyday gives our generous limits, I’m looking into getting this card and see that I’m pre-qualified. Currently, I have very low limit cards and would like for this to change so I can lower my utilization- Cap one Quicksilverone at $300 USAA Secured at $500 and Chase Freedom Unlimited $1000.

I’m new to the forum here and working on rebuilding my credit, 8 months ago I was at a 517. Now today my Experian FICO is a 706. From credit karma 678 TransUnion and 687 Equifax. I would love to have everyone’s input. Thanks!

Interesting question !  I started Rebuilding April 4, 2018 with a Discover approval for $10K.  At the end of May 2018, I chose the AmEx BCE for my 3rd app and was approved for $1,000 SL.  After 91 days, I requested the 3X CLI and was Denied.

6 months later, I requested another 3X CLI and received a 2X CLI.  Waited 6 months and requested a 3X CLI again and was granted a 2X CLI.  And, that's where my BCE stands today. 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate everyone’s input, it’s definitely helpful! How does every like the perks of the BCE card? And how’s customer service as well?

I’m in a toss up between this and the discover miles since it would be nice to have a little something go towards a vacation Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 25
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

The IT Miles is a travel eraser card for travel related items only. Works out to be 1.5% cashback. You'd be better off with a different card. Personally, I don't see the point in it or the Venture 1 from cap1 when there are 2% cashback cards like PayPal and Double Cash that you can use the rewards on anything.

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

The IT Miles is a travel eraser card for travel related items only. Works out to be 1.5% cashback. You'd be better off with a different card. Personally, I don't see the point in it or the Venture 1 from cap1 when there are 2% cashback cards like PayPal and Double Cash that you can use the rewards on anything.

You can redeem for cash back too.

They offer travel, cash back, and Amazon redemption for the It Miles. Its a cash back card they call a travel card. With the match for the first year, 3% on everything can be tempting.

Message 9 of 25
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

You can redeem for cash back too.

They offer travel, cash back, and Amazon redemption for the It Miles. Its a cash back card they call a travel card. With the match for the first year, 3% on everything can be tempting.

If they started doing that, it's no longer a travel card, it's a mediocre cashback card after the first year cash back match.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.