Did you mean: 

BoA Platinum denied due to COVID-19 plan

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BoA Platinum denied due to COVID-19 plan

@coldfusion wrote:

It should be no surprise that, having told voluntarily told BoA that you are or are expecting to have difficulty in meeting your current financial obligations by choosing to enrol in a COVID-19 deferrment plan, that they would refuse to increase their exposure.   

This isn't just a BoA thing.   

Sorry this happened to you but this is another reminder to members to beware the laws of unintended consequences.   If you don't need relief don't ask for it. 

^^^ this times 100

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 14
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about your denial.

I don't know if BoA does this, but I just applied for a Chase card today, and at the bottom was a disclaimer, "if you accept this offer it may disqualify you for other offers so make sure to choose the offer you most want first." I don't know if they'll display this message on all of their product applications, but I feel like this would apply for anything. We all should remember that whenever we do anything involving credit, a new credit pull will bring up past information in the new decision making.

Message 12 of 14
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear the deferment backfired. There's been quite a few reports of this here lately.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about the denial OP.  Thank you for sharing as it's a lesson learned for you and also a helpful reminder for others. Another MF thread mentions now is a good time to garden since lenders are doing HP for cli and seem to be using stricter underwriting standards. I think with all of the questionable denial reasons I've seen other members post, being enrolled in a Covid assistance plan seems to be reasonable enough. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.