Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA cash Rewards decline

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA cash Rewards decline

So I applied for my cli from Bank of America, and got declined! Waited for the ol decline letter to come, says reason for decline: account not open for 12 months, my account is 6 mos old, have a $2000 limit and have kept it at 1% util for the 6 months it’s been open, paid in full, but didn’t know it had to be open for 12 months before you can get a cli
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: BoA cash Rewards decline

Sorry for your CLI denialSmiley Sad

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the denial Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

That's unfortunate. The good thing is CLI request are SP.
Message 4 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck in 6 months !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 13
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Sorry for you decline. Thanks for sharing the DPs.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea it was a shocker to me, I figured 6 mos was long enough but I guess not, don’t know if boa is changing how often or when your first one can be but obviously mine won’t be for 6 more months
Message 7 of 13
credithappy
Regular Contributor

Sorry, to hear about your denial.  

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing. Do you have any other accounts with them? I’ve read your other post and like me you don’t seem to have perfect credit. I’m asking because I’m interested in getting in with BofA too.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
... I figured 6 mos was long enough ...

Getting in with a lower limit/higher APR is often a sign from the lender they aren't especially eager to lend, at that time. I've had lenders treat me this way (Hi! Penfed & CapOne) at the same time others give me 10-30k CLs. It's nothing to take personal. It's just different underwriting criteria.

But build a favorable borrow/pay history with them and eventually the vault opens wider.

Don't be dismayed. Be patient. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.