Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA lov button undecided

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA lov button undecided

Having read about so many people getting Boa exposure of around 100k, I wonder if it's worth it to hit the lov button everytime it shows up and take the HPs. I mean I definitely have room for improvement on my cash rewards but I just had a CLI in Jan that doubled my limit and a SP pop up for 1k two months before that. Card was opened Jul 2016 and those have been the only CLIs. Love button has been back for at least 20 days.

My TU file hasnt changed other than my car loan continuing to get paid. I have 3 inqs, 2 of them are the original app and the cli in Jan from Boa, and a Disco CLI in between. 1 new account in the last 12. On the other hand I've used the card heavily with some business purchases without carrying a balance.

Im not sure how much of a yield in CLI can justify a HP so soon what do you guys think? Is there a significant difference vs a cli every 6 or 12 months? Anybody have numbers on their total and individual exposure? How do people normally go about blowing out Boa?

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: BoA lov button undecided

I’ve been asking every 3-5 months for about 2 years and have seen massive gains until I seem to have been cut off at $99,900 about 3 months ago. Mostly $5-20k at a time for myself and DW.
Message 2 of 44
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I am curious on this as well. My BBR is at 45k right now. Do I need more? Of course not, but I haven't had an inquiry in a year and I haven't tried for a CLI on this card in a couple years. I almost want to try it just to see what I can get.

OP, I hope you hit the button!

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 3 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

After reading this thread, I decided to go for a CLI on my Premium rewards card.   This card is 6 months old and was still at its starting limit of 18K.  I only had 2 TU INQ so I thought what the heck.   Filled out the form and asked for a bump to 30K.   Immediate approval to $30,000.   Maybe I left some on the table, but I'm happy with a 12K increase.   I did get immediate notice they pulled TU.

Message 4 of 44
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After reading this thread, I decided to go for a CLI on my Premium rewards card.   This card is 6 months old and was still at its starting limit of 18K.  I only had 2 TU INQ so I thought what the heck.   Filled out the form and asked for a bump to 30K.   Immediate approval to $30,000.   Maybe I left some on the table, but I'm happy with a 12K increase.   I did get immediate notice they pulled TU.

Nice increase! 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 5 of 44
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, this is turning out to be a high roller threadSmiley Wink. Here I thought I was special with a 10k BoaSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:
I’ve been asking every 3-5 months for about 2 years and have seen massive gains until I seem to have been cut off at $99,900 about 3 months ago. Mostly $5-20k at a time for myself and DW.

This is kind of like what Im talking about, so you probably have 6-8 inqs from Boa alone in those 2 years?

Dont you feel like in the same 2 years you could have gotten to 100k with less inqs, say every 6 months, getting bigger cli increments instead?

Message 7 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peteyglad wrote:

I am curious on this as well. My BBR is at 45k right now. Do I need more? Of course not, but I haven't had an inquiry in a year and I haven't tried for a CLI on this card in a couple years. I almost want to try it just to see what I can get.

Do you get BT offers on yours? I have yet to get one on mine and I’ve had it over a year. The only BOA card I get BT offers is the no rewards bank americard 

Back to the topic, I feel it’s only worth a HP for a CLI if you use the card often. I have 3 BOA cards and the only one I use is the cash rewards which is only for gas purchases. Only card I’ve gotten increases on is the Bankamericard.

Message 8 of 44
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Peteyglad wrote:

Do you get BT offers on yours? I have yet to get one on mine and I’ve had it over a year. The only BOA card I get BT offers is the no rewards bank americard 

Just logged in to check. I do have a balance transfer offer right now. 0% APR until October of 2019 with a 3% fee.

Message 9 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also does BOA combine HPs? For example, I have 3 cards that are eligible for increases so could I use the same TU HP for those cards.

If so, I may do it. Only have a 2k limit on my Cash Rewards and BBR and a 6.2k limit on my Bankamericard.

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.