Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA 99/500

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA 99/500

Has anyone ever tried applying for a 2nd BofA card while still secured?

I have a Cash Rewards was approved with 99/500 in July

They pull EX I was at 627 at the time and currently at 660.

PIF multiple times each month

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA 99/500

I wouldn't app....the 1st account has gone 2 reporting cycles yet on a partially secured CC

WHY would you chance apping again so soon...almost BEGGING for a denial 'Lets see how you do, with a first one'

IMO it's asking for a pie in the face, especially of a big red tape-ish bank that barely let you in 60 days or less ago😵
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was only looking for an opinion. I hope people dont treat you that way when you ask a question. If your credit has always been stellar, great for you. I once had 'stellar' credit until I lost everything when I was diagnosed with a stage lV cancer that I wasn't supposed to come out the other end from. Doesn't mean I'm 'stupid', just learning and looking to see what has been achieved by others.

Try to be a little more tolerant of others and if you can't answer in a decent way, maybe think about not offering your opinion.

Message 3 of 23
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

mandm, Gemini is sometimes as smooth as rough sandpaper but what he says makes sense even if the manner he typed it seemed harsh. 

Now not knowing any other data points such as your other cards or whatnot I have a couple of questions. Your EX is 660 and is that FICO or FAKO? 

Secondly if it is FICO then there are many other CC companies that would gladly extend you credit if you just want an additional card or two. Have you checked the pre-approval pages for Disco, Amex, Citi, and Chase? 

Finally, congratulations on whipping cancer's butt. I lost my mom last month to cancer and it is the first time that it has hit that close to home. Keep on keeping on my friend and you'll do well. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @sandman771 and my thoughts and prayers with you and your family on your loss. It was a long hard battle but I prevailed! Honestly, I completely got @gemini's point, it's just the way it was put. I'm an educated woman and hate to be treated as an 'idiot'! Until you know someone and have walked a mile in their shoes you should refrain from castiong judgement or harsh opinions. People should treat others the way they want to be treated!

The 660 is my EX Fico 8. I still have a few 'baddies' I am working on, but things are coming together! K have been checking pre-quals, nothing yet. I'm hopefull after my next few rounds of CRA updates all three scores will climb into 'good' range opening the door to some pre-approved offers!

EX updates tomorrow, ca'nt wait! Also waiting for a CFPB to finish a complaint with EQ that I'm hoping will raise my score by at least 20, will be surprised if it's less.

Currently:

EX: 660

TU: 644

EQ: 628

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should have mentioned that my 91+ with NFCU will be Oct 30th. Impatiently waiting to try for CLI and second card!

Message 6 of 23
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Yeah even without the pre-qual I think you'd stand a decent chance at a Disco card, but then again you'd get a HP. Me I don't care about HPs but some folks on here treat them like a case of shingles and avoid them at all costs. 

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Disco Scorecard updates on the 20th. I will wait until then to app. I did app. for the Disco it while my scores low 600's and was declined. Maybe this update will bring a pre-qual. If not I may still pull the trigger.

Message 8 of 23
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Goood luck and best wishes on the NFCU CLI. They turned me down on my $2K card and then turned around and gave me a $5K flagship. go figure! 

Message 9 of 23
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Hit the Amex prequal site if you dont have  BK reporting

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.