Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Alaska VS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA Alaska VS

Got the BofA luv button this month.  Currently have a CL of $32k with BofA on my Alaska VS.  Requested $50k, and got the 7-10 day message.  Guessing it's a denial as my usage hovers around 10% of the limit.  Sounds like this is usually the case?

Other stats:

TU- 755, Income- $118.75k, total utilization- 13%, Cards- BofA VS Alaska- $32k, AmexPlatinum, CSR- $10k, CapOne Venture- $15k, CapOne QS- $12k, Amex BE- $5k

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BofA Alaska VS

Very seldom do the 7-10 day messages turn into an approval of the CLI. If your CL doesn't change within the next few days then likely a denial. But, just wait it out and see if anything happens with your CL.

Something similar took place IME and eventually the CLI updated. It took about ~3 business days.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks- yeah I figure it's likely a denial.  I don't really need the additional CLI, but since BofA SP's now, I figured why not attempt?  I also do all my checking and investment thru BofA/ML

Message 3 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Well, fingers crossed 🤞 on the CLI, keep us posted on the outcome.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's also possible that you asked too soon.. When did you receive your last CLI?

Message 5 of 12
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

I think in the case you may be correct.
BofA will usually counter the offer if they are willing to give you anything extra.
Good luck though, the way things are these days you never know until the letter arrives.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

October.

Message 7 of 12
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

October.

Do you remember when exactly, though? Most DPs I've seen show CLIs after 3 months / 90 days. I've been denied for asking before that time frame. Just wondering the date of your last CLI and most recent one.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@imaximous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

October.

Do you remember when exactly, though? Most DPs I've seen show CLIs after 3 months / 90 days. I've been denied for asking before that time frame. Just wondering the date of your last CLI and most recent one.

+1

OP: You will be denied if you asked too soon but the good news is you won't have to wait another 90 days for another request. Just calculate 90 days from your original request (in this case October -- ) and click on the luv button again Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, you're totally right- I may have asked one day too soon.  It was on 10/9/18!  I requested this on 1/8/19 - one day early Smiley Sad  I'll let you all know what the letter says once I get it.  I'm still thinking it's going to be "adequate credit with BofA"

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.