Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CLI question

tag
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Re: BofA CLI question

I had to call in twice, both times the rep confirmed it would be a SP request.

So if the cli link doesn't appear, it doesn't necessarily mean you aren't eligible for an increase.

2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 21 of 41
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@601flyguy wrote:

So if the cli link doesn't appear, it doesn't necessarily mean you aren't eligible for an increase.

Good to know. Is it the same thing as the online form where they ask what you want and they process the request?

Message 22 of 41
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

Try Help & Support tab -> More topics >>

Credit cards -> Request a credit line increase

1.jpg

2.jpg

if the red button is not there on your dash board then the link burried inside the menus is also not there.

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 23 of 41
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

@601flyguy wrote:

Good to know. Is it the same thing as the online form where they ask what you want and they process the request?

Everything on the BOA side is the same as what we see on our side, right down to the weird occupation choices.

Message 24 of 41
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@601flyguy wrote:

Everything on the BOA side is the same as what we see on our side, right down to the weird occupation choices.

I wonder if telling them she's a legal drug dealer (pharmacist owner) will go well...

Message 25 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

I'm not sure what the timeline is for hyperlink for the Request a credit line increase to appear. I think it's around ~ 90 days once your account is set up?

Mine showed up less than 90 days after getting a CLI. I clicked it and got my hand slapped. 

I'll wait 6 mos after I got the CLI and try again.

Message 26 of 41
601flyguy
Established Contributor

@simplynoir They seem to ask the exact same questions as the online form.

@CardNut No need to wait, just request again 91 days from your last approved cli. A denial for requesting too early doesn't reset the clock.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 27 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@601flyguy wrote:
@simplynoir They seem to ask the exact same questions as the online form.

@CardNut No need to wait, just request again 91 days from your last approved cli. A denial for requesting too early doesn't reset the clock.

I looked at the latest approximate time that I requested the CLI based on my statements and determined it was 91 days as of yesterday, so I would be good to try now. I hit it and it did bump it a little. So yes, the link can appear before 90 days but might not work until 91 days after. Thanks.

Message 28 of 41
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:
DH had not gotten his either. I do not know if it's because we are still in the promotional BT window and are using it (about 5k out of 14k, we are BT-cleaning up his personal debt from starting a small business). We actually called to see if he could get a small CLI of like 2k and they denied him. Scores were 740ish due to util at the time. Are you still in a promotional window (0% purchases or some such) maybe? I'm wondering if that is tied to the soft CLI button showing up. Regardless, it is absent for us as well.

Nope, no BTs or promotional periods to speak of here. As far as I'm aware at least especially with the Premium Rewards card. Balance gets PIF pretty much as soon as statement posts and she's a Platinum Honors holder. May I ask how soon after approval of the card did you ask? And did they inform you if it would be a SP or HP as well?

Inquiry for the card was 12/2018, requested CLI by phone because no button 12/2019, SP,  asked to go from 14k->16k, denied.  Still a head scratcher.  He has the BT on there like I mentioned, but he's paying it down aggressively beyond the minimum and has no derogs.  Bit of a shrug, he's in pretty good shape all around, but also not the end of the world.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 29 of 41
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

And then just now the button is there, so we asked for 14k -> 25k and it was granted.  I really feel like some of these companies have a guy with a magic eight ball and that's why they need 60 seconds before they give you an answer on the screen Smiley Tongue

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.