Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Credit Card Denied - LOL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Credit Card Denied - LOL

I burned Bank of America for 5k and they gave me the 99/500 card with FICO at 528 and it unsecured at 5 months.  There must be more to the story than what you are telling.

Message 11 of 23
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I burned Bank of America for 5k and they gave me the 99/500 card with FICO at 528 and it unsecured at 5 months.  There must be more to the story than what you are telling.

Very likely

BUT BOA still charged off that 700$ for that 1$ bottle of water....

Still the OP's responsibility... even though it sucks and is unfair, etc....

Theres more to credit then FICO scores.. theres internal scoring as well...

The deal on the secured card is not bad.. it is NOT beneath the OP to get a secured card to re-establish a relationship with a bank you burned....

You can either take it or leave it... they aren't insulting the OP, they are just telling the OP if he wants a card with them, hes gotta start with training wheels..

Message 12 of 23
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

There is nothing more to the story.

I applied, was denied. Was offered a $300/$500 deal. Not interested in paying for credit anymore. Been there, done that.

I’m low income. Was looking for a good BT Card, which doesn’t make any sense anyway until I’m closer to the other two being almost over.

I don’t want back in with BOFA. I wanted 18 months interest free with no BT fees.

If I posted a screenshot of my credit reports, front and back, I’d still be questioned haha.

Was just sharing some data and a backstory.

Wish I had more to offer.

Oh and yes, forgot that my scores have gone up since I applied, my bad

image1.jpeg

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your wrong, you burned them, you have no reason to complain......... people feel like they are entitled ......i would seek professional counseling to explore why you feel after burning someone money, you feel they should still bend backwards for you!
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Total80sKid wrote:

I applied, was denied. Was offered a $300/$500 deal. Not interested in paying for credit anymore. Been there, done that.

I’m low income. Was looking for a good BT Card, which doesn’t make any sense anyway until I’m closer to the other two being almost over.

I don’t want back in with BOFA. I wanted 18 months interest free with no BT fees.

If I posted a screenshot of my credit reports, front and back, I’d still be questioned haha.

image1.jpeg

Well when you say things like 1 dollar turns into 700 dollars and they put it on your credit report illegally it seems like you aren't taking responslibilty for your situation or being truthful to yourself.  I got the 99/500 card and 5 months later they unsecured me.  Like I said I had a 528 FICO score and I burned them 7 years ago for 5k. I am grateful for them to give me another chance.  Also I got 0 percent balance transfer office from them at 6 months after getting card. I don't carry balances so it doesn't matter to me.  If those are your FICO scores great for you but if you burned them in the past and you have low income there really isn't much upside for them to give you credit no matter what your score. 

Message 15 of 23
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Your wrong, you burned them, you have no reason to complain......... people feel like they are entitled ......i would seek professional counseling to explore why you feel after burning someone money, you feel they should still bend backwards for you!
M.Ed., LPC, NCC; TU8 759; EQ 754; EX 747; 3% util, Total Available Credit $100k+

-----------------------------------------------------------

Are you also talking to all of those who had to file for Bankruptcy because they couldn't pay their bills?

I feel like I am being put down because I didnt want to pay $699 more than what was originally charged, even after admitting I was a kid and didn't know any better.

I suppose all 18/19yo's should kneel and repent for being dumb. My apologies.

Message 16 of 23
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Total80sKid wrote:

image1.jpeg

Well when you say things like 1 dollar turns into 700 dollars and they put it on your credit report illegally it seems like you aren't taking responslibilty for your situation or being truthful to yourself.  I got the 99/500 card and 5 months later they unsecured me.  Like I said I had a 528 FICO score and I burned them 7 years ago for 5k. I am grateful for them to give me another chance.  Also I got 0 percent balance transfer office from them at 6 months after getting card. I don't carry balances so it doesn't matter to me.  If those are your FICO scores great for you but if you burned them in the past and you have low income there really isn't much upside for them to give you credit no matter what your score. 

I never said they put it on my report illegally.

I said they kept it on my report for over 10yrs, which is illegal, at least in my State.

And of course I take full responsibility. I was an 18yo who wrote a check that bounced. Where am I lying to myself?

I feel like I am on Dr. Phil just for sharing a story lol.

And I 'burned' them 20yrs ago and currently have scores over 750. You are kind of proving my point.

Again, it's okay for those who file bankruptcy because they can't pay their bills, but it's definitly not ok to be young and dumb and write a bad check.

I apologize for being so out of line.

I definitly need some serious help.

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's nothing personal and I'd say if the shoe fits then yes.......
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Total80sKid wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Total80sKid wrote:

image1.jpeg

I never said they put it on my report illegally.

I said they kept it on my report for over 10yrs, which is illegal, at least in my State.

And of course I take full responsibility. I was an 18yo who wrote a check that bounced. Where am I lying to myself?

I feel like I am on Dr. Phil just for sharing a story lol.

And I 'burned' them 20yrs ago and currently have scores over 750. You are kind of proving my point.

Again, it's okay for those who file bankruptcy because they can't pay their bills, but it's definitly not ok to be young and dumb and write a bad check.

I apologize for being so out of line.

I definitly need some serious help.

It is the way you phrase stuff.  I am certainly not judging you for bouncing a check no matter what the amount.  If you had it on your credit report for more than 7 years simple solution is to contact the credit bureau to get it removed.  You are being defensive.  Where did I say it was anything wrong with you bouncing a check it is your acting like you were in the right and they shouldn't have put negative marks on your credit report.  .  Bouncing a check is a criminal offense.  Declaring Bankruptcy is not.   It is the fact that you think someone who you didn't pay you back in the past should trust you again.  It is their choice. I have nothing bad in 6 years when I applied for Bank of America card and I have close to 200k in income and they gave me the 99/500 card. I  was grateful that they gave me another chance.   

American Express and Capital One gave me unsecured cards even though I burned them.  It is nice that they are all forgiving.  But if they all turned me down I would certainly understand and wouldn't criticize them.  

Message 19 of 23
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Oh my gosh!

I’ve already accepted full responsibility. I even apologized for my way of thinking.

This was 20yrs ago and as I stated in my first post, I had no idea that I had less than $1 in my account.

It is illegal to write a check knowing you do not have the funds.

I 100% take full responsibility and am not upset.

I thought I gave that away with ‘LOL’ in the thread title.

Thank you again, though, for making me think things through a bit.

I do tend to get offensive when I’m denied or confronted, but it isn’t personal and I get over things pretty quickly.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.