cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Credit line increase - Denial.. New Reason?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

BofA Credit line increase - Denial.. New Reason?

So figured I would mesh the button since it was back up.. Currently at 61.5k on Merrill card want to get it up to 75k is goal I think..  Anyways meshed it last week and got letter yesterday with the follow reason and I don't think I have ever seen this denial reason before as I have in the past have gotten basically exposure limit is good enough for current needs or something to those but in another month got the CLI.. This time it was something I have never seen before it was "have recently had a CLI on this account" . Has anyone else had/seen this before?  Usually I get one every 3 months like clock-work, but this is new to me.  Just curious as the limit is certainly big enough for me, but hey we all have our vices and gotta have fun as think I can get it to 75k with some patience.  Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: BofA Credit line increase - Denial.. New Reason?

Hope you didn't poke the bear.  Cause if that means what I think it means then someone laid eyes on it.  I've always wondered if they would cld if you're not utilizing what you already have.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Generally that means you requested too early. Make sure your last increase was at least 91 days ago.
Message 3 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Meh not worried much about bank of america... Don't think I poked the bear as many do and not much AA from BofA and dont have much balance and very strong FICO's.. Just the new reason that I have yet to see being "recently gotten a CLI" or something to that wording.  If they took any AA against me for whatever reason it would be sad, but I have plenty of other cushions and large limits on other cards this just happens to be my highest limit.

Message 4 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Generally that means you requested too early. Make sure your last increase was at least 91 days ago.

Ya kinda was my thought.. Going to have to look through my statements and try to figure it out as thought it was 91 days, but certainly could be wrong as I dont write this stuff down.  I just know within a monthish time frame on CLI's from lenders by looking at statement, but not down to the day within said statement.

Message 5 of 12
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Going to have to look through my statements and try to figure it out as thought it was 91 days, but certainly could be wrong as I dont write this stuff down. 

Shew!  I hope so.....stuff like that scares me.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Maybe just a timing instance @CreditCuriosity? I had that happen to me a long while ago and waited until the 4th month and it went through. Hey, at least SP.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

So figured I would mesh the button since it was back up.. Currently at 61.5k on Merrill card want to get it up to 75k is goal I think..  Anyways meshed it last week and got letter yesterday with the follow reason and I don't think I have ever seen this denial reason before as I have in the past have gotten basically exposure limit is good enough for current needs or something to those but in another month got the CLI.. This time it was something I have never seen before it was "have recently had a CLI on this account" . Has anyone else had/seen this before?  Usually I get one every 3 months like clock-work, but this is new to me.  Just curious as the limit is certainly big enough for me, but hey we all have our vices and gotta have fun as think I can get it to 75k with some patience.  Thanks in advance

The BofA "luv" button typically appears 2-3 weeks before you're actually eligible for a CLI at 91 days after the previous one.  If you "mesh" (sic) the luv button before 91 days have elapsed you will be denied with the reason of "recent CLI on this account."

Message 8 of 12
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

When I read these two statements, my first thought was semantics. JMO though Smiley Wink

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 12
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I've got that denial response too and it was because I made the mistake of asking for a CLI again too early. At the time, I didn't know that the link would come up weeks before being eligible, so my request was declined. Then, I submitted another request at the actual 3-month mark-ish and it was approved. But, I seem to have reached a ceiling based on my spending with BofA. The last 2 requests have been denied because I'm not using enough of my credit lines as per the letters. I'm at 68.9K and I haven't been able to get another CLI since Feb. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.