Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA app gone horribly wrong....LOL

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

BofA app gone horribly wrong....LOL

I apped for the Travel Rewards card and was denied pretty much instantly. Called recon and asked if I could move some credit over from Fidelity Amex....NO we cant do that totally different product and anyway we can not offer you anything till you get your letter of denial, when you get it an offer for another product will be included if you want that offer then call in.....WHAT???  Have not apped for a BofA in awhile but offer...like what a secured card? Has anyone heard of offers in a denial letter? This was news to me...

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA app gone horribly wrong....LOL

@odd_dog wrote:

I apped for the Travel Rewards card and was denied pretty much instantly. Called recon and asked if I could move some credit over from Fidelity Amex....NO we cant do that totally different product and anyway we can not offer you anything till you get your letter of denial, when you get it an offer for another product will be included if you want that offer then call in.....WHAT???  Have not apped for a BofA in awhile but offer...like what a secured card? Has anyone heard of offers in a denial letter? This was news to me...

sorry to hear about that odd but i would call one more time and if no luck then definitely call when letter arrives. I know you can move credits between BofA/FIA accounts. I have seen it happen many times.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

There's way more analysts with BofA then the one that got your temper in an uproar. I would be livid too Smiley Mad The remedy for that nonsense is to call in and speak with a different credit analyst and beleive or not, they do have some very good ones in there who will understand your dilema and do whatever is necessary for you to return your sense of satisfaction after that ordeal. You might have to sleep on it tonight but tomorrow can easily turn the whole thing back around to your favor again. Just give yourself and them another try. Best of luck.

Give it a try Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 14
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Thanks CreditMagic7 sorry if it read like I was angry, not at all!! At this point in my credit journey I find things like this actually funny....and agree I probably should call in again, just I have read on here and other forums, that B of A is not that recon friendly??  That if you use the backdoor number (which seems to change a lot) they grill you on where you got the number? That is what I read but who knows....I really found it interesting that she talked about an "offer" with the denial letter.....that totally threw me off as in like 30 years of credit history AND my share of denials I never heard that!!!

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@odd_dog wrote:

Thanks CreditMagic7 sorry if it read like I was angry, not at all!! At this point in my credit journey I find things like this actually funny....and agree I probably should call in again, just I have read on here and other forums, that B of A is not that recon friendly??  That if you use the backdoor number (which seems to change a lot) they grill you on where you got the number? That is what I read but who knows....I really found it interesting that she talked about an "offer" with the denial letter.....that totally threw me off as in like 30 years of credit history AND my share of denials I never heard that!!!

An offer..

It's be so hilarious if it were a $99/500 Secured offer..Oh, BoA..

As much as I don't really need it? I'd take that offer to get back in w/BoA.

Message 5 of 14
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

An offer..

Nixon (you were my favorite president, BTW...LOL) if I get any offer like that YOU can have it!!!!

edit for bad spelling

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@odd_dog wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

An offer..

Nixon (you were my favorite president, BTW...LOL) if I get any offer like that YOU can have it!!!!

edit for bad spelling

Hahahah, Deal.

Message 7 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with calling back. You got a bad analyst.
Message 8 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@B335is wrote:

+1

And OP i was merely showing an expression of how i usually feel at that frustrating moment of denial and didn't take it as mad per say Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

+1

And OP i was merely showing an expression of how i usually feel at that frustrating moment of denial and didn't take it as mad per say Smiley Happy

it's cool CreditM......I'm Italian, we're emotional anyway!!!  LOL I do get it that some take things like this seriously.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.