Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA new application with SP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA new application with SP?

Is it possible to apply for new BofA CC with a soft pull, if you’re an existing customer?

I tweeted them today and CSR instead of refusing it said, she would give me a call. Unfortunately, I missed a call. So wondering if anyone has given it a try before?

I am waiting for her to call me tomorrow and see what she has to say.
6 REPLIES 6
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA new application with SP?

SP BoA app? Unheard of! But there’s always the first time. Maybe you’re it! Let us know what happens.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, never heard of it. Got SP CL a few days back so wondered why not give it a try.

Tweeted “If I want to apply for a new CC, would it be a SP or HP, I am an existing customer”. Instead of refusing like CapOne did, CSR said she would give me a call.

Will keep you all updated!
Message 3 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, short answer, no.

All CC applications for new products will be subject to a HP, regardless of whether you are pre-approved and/or an existing customer.
Message 4 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
OP, short answer, no.

All CC applications for new products will be subject to a HP, regardless of whether you are pre-approved and/or an existing customer.

This. Sorry OP don't see this happening.

Message 5 of 7
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

OP, as others have mentioned...it's probably not going to happen with BoA.  I've been a customer with them for over 20 years and at one point had 4 of their cards....all of them were HPs.   The only major I was ever approved for on a SP was Discover and trust me, I was shocked.

Message 6 of 7
imaximous
Valued Contributor

I think the only lender that offers what you want is Amex once you're a cardholder.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.