Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bofa 99/500

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bofa 99/500

Just wondering if BOFA 99/500 secured card is still a good way to get into relationship with the bank.
Current scores are 640-660.
I have: Uber Visa
Apple rewards
Discover Secured.
If Approved I will be gardening for couple years
Please share your opinions
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Bofa 99/500

@Anonymous wrote:
Just wondering if BOFA 99/500 secured card is still a good way to get into relationship with the bank.
Current scores are 640-660.
I have: Uber Visa
Apple rewards
Discover Secured.
If Approved I will be gardening for couple years
Please share your opinions

Is there any specific reason you want to have a banking relationship with BOA (other products)? I ask because you have 3 CCs and you have all that’s needed for maximum CC scoring purposes. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have business and regular checking accounts with BoFA and this is one of my reasons. The other one is they are pretty generous with CLI which I want to see in the future. My main goal is to have 4-5 credit cards with good limits and not to have any store cards or cards that I won’t be using.
I’m not using Apple Rewards anymore so I am looking to substitute it with Amex BCE and I’m looking to get Chase CC in a year or so.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would probably try for the card you WANT vs the 99/500 right off the bat.  Your scores seem to be just high enough for an approval.  If you don't get approved for what you want then it should counter with the 99/500.

Message 4 of 7
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I agree to go for the card you actually want. If you’re concerned, then just wait a little longer. You already have a relationship with BofA so getting a prime card down the road is definitely in the cards. HA puns....
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a regular version but it was denied. So I took the offer, confirmed the info and got approved for 99/500 secured.
I asked when it can be unsecured and she said basically after couple months or so. When I mentioned 5 months increase button she said it can be done either way but the best way would be to call and ask for an increase over the phone. I will try that in August and will update then.
Message 6 of 7
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the BOA approval and good luck with un-securing in the future!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.