cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bofa Secured Early Grad Decline(Update Anyone been able to add rewards to secured?)

tag
returnofthemack
New Contributor

Bofa Secured Early Grad Decline(Update Anyone been able to add rewards to secured?)

So sad. Today was my 5th statement and the credit line increase link appeared. I have the full secured card so it just asked if I would like to add a bigger deposit. Called credit card services to speak to a analyst. I was excited to possibly get a graduation but nope declined because too many inquiries on experian. The whole time I was hoping they SP transunion but nope SP experian Smiley Sad

I hate that everyone pulls experian these days. lol. My transunion is my cleanest profile with 4 inquiries. I even tried to recon and lady reviewed for 5 mins and still said no.. So I just increased my 500 limit to 2.5k so in 7 months I can try and unsecure once again and get a bigger SL.

Update: Wondering if anyone has been successful in getting a rep to add rewards onto a regular secured bofa card?

Thanks for reading.

Fell on rough times
Starting: EQ: 519 TQ: 569 EX: 558 5/2022

Capital One Platinum Secured - 1k - Captial One QuickSilver Secured $200 - ONCU Secured $500

In garden til 2024.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bofa Secured Early Grad Decline

Just hang in there OP and try to minimize the number of HPs or credit applications for the next several months. Otherwise, this sets your goal further out. Eventually, your BoA CC will qualify to be unsecured.
Message 2 of 8
returnofthemack
New Contributor

Experian just removed the last of my bad accounts except the two BKs. Score just shot up to 702. Should I ask one more time for a recon? The problem was alot of inquiries havent been removed from identity theft that happen to me which is still in process.

Fell on rough times

Capital One Platinum Secured - 1k - Captial One QuickSilver Secured $200 - ONCU Secured $500

In garden til 2024.

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Honestly, I would wait OP. You're welcome to pursue it however you want, but it's likely to remain the same way. Let time do its thing IMO.
Message 4 of 8
returnofthemack
New Contributor

Why do you think when I called in they pulled experian to graduate? I even asked the 3rd rep because I tried 3 times and she even said we are gonna SP trans union. Then she said wow it was actually experian. Anyways yeah I guess I just have to accept my 2k additional deposit and wait it out and don’t app for anything but maybe discover when I see a pre qual
Fell on rough times

In garden til 2024.

Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Well, what happens more often than not is that a variety of agents may not be aware of even their own internal policies, especially when it comes to which credit bureau is used to perform these types of changes. So, it's always best to let the dust settle until your profile is more optimal rather than rack up HPs for no reward.

And, Discover is definitely a solid option as you grow your profile.
Message 6 of 8
returnofthemack
New Contributor

Thank you for ur counsel.

Fell on rough times

In garden til 2024.

Message 7 of 8
returnofthemack
New Contributor

Anyone be able to add rewards lately to bofa secured?

Fell on rough times

In garden til 2024.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.