Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building credit card Base

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Building credit card Base

Hey All, I need some help with my credit card base to My current Fico 8 score for EX is 659 i make around $30000 a year, i have 1 collection from 2014 and late payments on my report about 1 year 8 months ago. The only credit cards i have currently open is a Cap1 QS with a $750 limit opened 11/2017 and a Discover IT with a $1800 limit opened 4/2018 i also have a old citi line of credit from my bank for a $1000 opened back in 2008.I want to start to earn point for travel but not sure which one to aim for.

I always read about starting with chase first ever since the 5/24 rule, but i feel like i wouldn't value the point as much as since none of the related airlines really go with my travel pattern, but i was looking at the Hyatt points as something i could redeem but i dont feel my score is going to be high enough anytime soon to apply for a card take advantage of those kinds of rewards.

I had recently checked amex pre qualified offers and saw that i had a offer for the amex gold card at the standard sign up offer, The green card and the Delta gold card for a 50k sign up offer plus a $50 credit i don't remember the apr % .I could fly delta frequent at least 3-4 times a year since the best airline for where im currently staying, later redeem to points for a international flights.

At most i would only want 2 cards from amex the PRG (willing to wait for a better sign up offer for the PRG) and the Delta card.that could leave a slot open for maybe the Hyatt card down the road? I really not interested in the freedom cards and i know im a long way from getting any sapphire cards.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.