Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk App-o-rama questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bulk App-o-rama questions

OP if I may...lets pretend this is my kid asking me what I think:

KId:  Mom..my buddies and I have this cool idea to mass app and rock this sh&% simultaneously working 3 laptops

Me:  ARE YOU HIGH!!, 1st off the 1st thing that will happen is cause a freeze/fraud alert on every. single. credit. reporting. agency. 2nd If and only if..you manage to get a couple of credit card companies to approve you...do you really think they wont see what you did and pull that rug right out from under you and shut you down in a heart beat..

Kid: YOU don't get it...I'm going for at least 30 CCs and then I plan to leave them in the sock drawer to grow

Me:  Well, lets see...you think these companies are just gonna say "sure..why not"..we'll give it to him because "he promises" not to run up every available penny and then bail..oh, and by the way kiddo...if you don't show activity at least every 6 months..if by some miracle you pull this off..they CLD you or close you

Kid: (now stamping feet) Mom..you don't get it....I WANT TO HAVE A "COOL MIL" in credit before I'm 25...I CAN DO THIS..I KNOW I CAN

Me: Yeah right..lets see..when you put on your "big boy pants" and don't need a roommate to survive and you have a full time job that can pay to support that "cool mil" CLs I will give my blessings..until then you are heading down a dark dark road of bad consequence's for a silly idea

But then again I'm not your mom and I have no idea what your life or situation is, but your not the 1st to have this "new idea" (Please note..I am not judging..just having a good laugh)

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 146
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again for all the feedback. I'm not trolling anyone or trying to get attention. I just genuinely want to see if this strategy would have success. I know it's a bit crazy, which is why I asked for you guys' thoughts. I saw one guy on here who did it with 17 cards and didn't seem to have any trouble, got quite a few approvals. I'm literally trading in my Focus ST for the RS in the next couple weeks as soon as that's locked in it's app-time.

My income is good, maybe not good enough to support the 1 million in credit, but it's certainly good enough for 200-300k in credit. I'm a real estate agent in STL as well as starting out in investing (rental properties mostly, few flips here and there). 

I know I can take a slow way, just do 10 apps for now. But I don't really have anything to loose except for the possibility of AA hurting my FICO, that's my only true concern now that I'm pondering, thank you guys for bringing that up because I hadn't known about it. I can certainly survive without credit and am well prepared to explain myself to creditors. I never carry balances, stay well under 10%, and always PIF. I'm considering this more of an experiment more than anything. Thanks to you guys' warnings I did decide on avoiding app-ing for multiple cards of the same issuer but that still puts me around 30.

I will absolutely post the results on the forum. If anybody has examples of issuers AAing for excessive new accounts I'd love to read about it. 

Message 22 of 146
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well Op, thanks for sticking around and letting us give you our best why not to do itSmiley Wink Definetly come back and update us. This could be a great case study for what not to do credit wise but stranger things have happened so i wish you luck and hope you beat the odds. Cant wait to see which cards you appSmiley Happy
Message 23 of 146
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks again for all the feedback. I'm not trolling anyone or trying to get attention. I just genuinely want to see if this strategy would have success. I know it's a bit crazy, which is why I asked for you guys' thoughts. I saw one guy on here who did it with 17 cards and didn't seem to have any trouble, got quite a few approvals. I'm literally trading in my Focus ST for the RS in the next couple weeks as soon as that's locked in it's app-time.

My income is good, maybe not good enough to support the 1 million in credit, but it's certainly good enough for 200-300k in credit. I'm a real estate agent in STL as well as starting out in investing (rental properties mostly, few flips here and there). 

I know I can take a slow way, just do 10 apps for now. But I don't really have anything to loose except for the possibility of AA hurting my FICO, that's my only true concern now that I'm pondering, thank you guys for bringing that up because I hadn't known about it. I can certainly survive without credit and am well prepared to explain myself to creditors. I never carry balances, stay well under 10%, and always PIF. I'm considering this more of an experiment more than anything. Thanks to you guys' warnings I did decide on avoiding app-ing for multiple cards of the same issuer but that still puts me around 30.

I will absolutely post the results on the forum. If anybody has examples of issuers AAing for excessive new accounts I'd love to read about it. 

30 apps without multiples from the same issuer? this I gotta see...

Message 24 of 146
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Hummm .... I dont see any screen shots yet.

Tell you what.

Heres an easy one

Post your CreditKarma page here ( name blocked out ) Lets see those 800 scores Make sure to include the line which has your AAoA

Here where you screwed up bud.   Quote ...

"At that point I'll tab through and hit apply on them almost all simultaneously. I'm actually gonna have 15 or so of them on my laptop, and have my friend click through those while I'm doing it on my desktop.  I can even have my roommate command another laptop and split it 3 ways. My hope is that it's too quick for the bureaus to report the inquiries to all the CC apps."

ROFLMAO

Like the CRAs are that stupid. Like they havnt programmed for this 20 years ago. The CRAs will think that this is some sort of hacking and block everything. Additionally

and they will send all the banks requesting your file a  red flag alert. Heck, they might even notify Homeland Security ( a bit of a stretch on this one )

And what is Chase or Amex gonna say when they get simultaneously submitted multiple apps???

Fist thing that is gonna happen is that the creditors who you have a "good mix of credit" with are gonna close everything down IMMEDIATELY

You really thuink these banks are as stupid as the CRAs you think are

Uness you are a lottery winner that has just won 15 million dollars and is going on an app spree .......

Wait a sec.

Hummm

LOL, we hd that very thred a few months ago

ROFLMAO

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 25 of 146
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One VentureOne

Citi Double Cash

Wells Fargo Cash Wise

Bank Americard CashRewards

Chase Freedom

Barclaycard Cash Forward

Target Redcard

Sams Club Mastercard

Amex BlueCash Everyday

Fidelity Rewards Visa Sig

Victorias Secret Credit Card

Amazon Prime Visa

Discover It Miles

Walmart Personal Mastercard

TD Cash Credit Card

PenFed Power Cash Rewards Visa Sig

Charity Charge World Mastercard

USBank Cash+ Visa Sig

Visa Bonus Rewards (think this was through stl community credit union)

Wells Fargo Visa Signature (The only issuer I will dual app for since I have an almost paid off auto loan which should grant me brownie pts)

PNC Core Visa Credit Card

Commerce Bank Visa

AE CU Preferred Platinum Visa

RBC Cash Back Mastercard

First Community Visa Gold

Citizens Bank Clear Value Mastercard

Fith Third Trio Card

NFCU cashRewards

USAA Rewards Visa Signature

So, 29 total on the list.

Message 26 of 146
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good point, which is actually one of the reasons I originally posted. I wanted to know if anyone had any cases where they apped that many at once, simultaneously. I didn't find anything.

Message 27 of 146
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Here your problem   Quote ...

"At that point I'll tab through and hit apply on them almost all simultaneously. I'm actually gonna have 15 or so of them on my laptop, and have my friend click through those while I'm doing it on my desktop.  I can even have my roommate command another laptop and split it 3 ways. My hope is that it's too quick for the bureaus to report the inquiries to all the CC apps."

The CRAs are not unprepared. they programmed for this 20 years ago. The CRAs will think that this is some sort of hacking and block everything. Additionally they will send all the banks requesting your file a  red flag alert. Heck, they might even notify Homeland Security ( a bit of a stretch on this one ) Once one CRA suspects fraud, they immediately notify all the other CRAs

And what is Synchrony or TD bank gonna say when they get simultaneously submitted multiple apps???

First thing that is gonna happen is that the creditors who you have a "good mix of credit" with are gonna close everything down IMMEDIATELY

--Edited

>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 28 of 146
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh, that's what I wanted to know. You're saying the system will flag so many inquiries simultaneously. My question is how quickly and how many before it's flagged and possibly auto freezes my credit. The whole point of applying rapidly was to try and avoid the pulls later in the list getting a lower score as a result of the very recent inquiries. My roommate applied for 9 cards with a few minutes between them, got approved for all of them. 

Does anyone on here know of somebody trying so many HPs so fast?

Message 29 of 146
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

The best you could possibly get away with is probably 9 apps ( 3 inqs to each CRA ) Once your 4th inq hits your odds of survival decrese  greatly This is based upon the assumption that your apps do not double pull and that they hit the CRA you expected them to pulll ( just an educated guess )

Just noticed you have Cap1 listed.  They triple pull all apps so right away, that would be 32 inquiries

Message 30 of 146
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.