cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burned City (HD card), any possibility for a future relationship?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Burned City (HD card), any possibility for a future relationship?

Unfortuanately, I burned City 8 years ago.

It was a Home Depot card issued by City.

Is there any possibility that City will give me another chance, or am I black listed?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Burned City (HD card), any possibility for a future relationship?

Yes you have hope. Citi eventually forgives , more sooner than Amex imo. I included Citi in my bk7 10 years ago and i have a DC and multiple Citi backed retail cards.
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burned Citi for a LOT over 10 years ago.

Starting in December 2017 I'm getting mailers every 2-3 weeks with pretty good terms.

No prequal for me on their website yet, though, but the mailers look solid.

Citi doesn't offer any cards I want, though, so it's kind of a wash for me.  I wouldn't mind getting one in 2019 just to rebuild a relationship, but it would go right into the SD, lol.

Message 3 of 19
marty56
Super Contributor

I had a Citi card in DMP but they gave me a Best Buy card last year when I bought my TV.  I don't know if HD does this but Sams sometimes print a pre-approval for a MC when you checkout there so I would check them out.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great to hear! I'm eyeballing the double cash & hoping to evetually have it in my wallet
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's good to know that you're getting mailers. Who knows, thier future cards may end up having something enticing to offer for you.
I remember that you're holding out for csp. Smart choice. Which ever of these two (citi & chase) open up first, i will go for it. Then amex afterwards
Thanks for the info!
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Marty, i will look into that 😊
Message 7 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Go to the HD website, and you'll see on there, "check to see if your are prequalified"...Try that route first.
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was a grand ideal.
I'm pre-qualified with a high, but solid apr.
If im blacklisted, do you think their system would catch it prior to pre-qualifing?
Message 9 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
That was a grand ideal.
I'm pre-qualified with a high, but solid apr.
If im blacklisted, do you think their system would catch it prior to pre-qualifing?

Citi retail side and Citibank legacy are two different operating systems within Citibank. I can get all I want on the retail side with them, but im BL still for awhile on the legacy side.  If you have a prequal showing, and you really want the HD card, then pull the trigger.  You might get approved for a small SL 300-500 initially, (I burned them in my BK, and got them back with a sl of $500, so its possible), but the CL will get higher over time, trust me...mines currently at $15k Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.