cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burned City (HD card), any possibility for a future relationship?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Burned City (HD card), any possibility for a future relationship?

Thanks for the insight and your time. That is good to know. I will Give that some thought. $15k on HD card is quite impressive! I could definitely put that card to use. I spend a pretty heavy monthly amount at HD. I like that the card offers 1 year for returns, and price adjustments up to 30 days If I remember correctly.

Was City legacy included in your BK or was it from City’s retail side?

I wonder if Citi Legacy will let me in, since it was the retail side that I burned.

Message 11 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the insight and your time. That is good to know. I will Give that some thought. $15k on HD card is quite impressive! I could definitely put that card to use. I spend a pretty heavy monthly amount at HD. I like that the card offers 1 year for returns, and price adjustments up to 30 days If I remember correctly.

Was City legacy included in your BK or was it from City’s retail side?

I wonder if Citi Legacy will let me in, since it was the retail side that I burned.

Citi was burned on both sides...retail (HD), and legacy one of their MC's (plat MC I believe...was an older version that I had for awhile pre-BK).  All you can do is try, but its usually 3-7 yrs on legacy side to get back in with them. 

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the data points. It's been 8 years since the card was closed and it fell off of my report Feb 2017.
I'll give it a try after this dispute i have going is resolved.
Message 13 of 19
DemonHusker
Regular Contributor

I just recently got approved for the Citi Premier card with SL $5000 and my Citi/collection is still showing on my report until March from 2011. I had never been pre-qualified on their site until last week and I jumped. I don't know if it is because i'm right at 7 years or because my scores just recently improved to the 680 range. I will say I still get no pre-approvals on the Home Depot site for that card.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on scoring the City Premier & healthy SL as well.
That is very reassuring to hear 😊
Can i ask you which city card you defaulted on?
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a little update... i just checked for a Citi pre-qual and i'm pre-qual for 5 different Citi cards with a solid, low apr!
This just made my day 😁
Now i need to decide what to do... pull the trigger on the Citi Premier card or hold off in hopes of getting in with Chase. I'm currently at 3/24.
I really want that Saphire card as i would be able to use it with my Korean Air - Skymiles 🤔
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see any prequalification link on Home Depot site?

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

I don't see any prequalification link on Home Depot site?

I found the link on their website and it says I'm prequalified but '[m not ready to apply. The said they would send me an e-mail and I could apply later but haven't gotten e-mail yet.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took a few days before i received the email from HD
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.