Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP 1 Credit Increase soft pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAP 1 Credit Increase soft pull?

I think for me a lot of my loyalty to Cap comes from the fact that when I had my BK, I did everything wrong. I had things hit after my BK, including a repo for a reaffirmed car during the BK, and I didn’t get to rebuilding my credit until 3 years and some months after my BK and Cap sent me an offer for an unsecured card. I applied for it not expecting an approval and got a $500 limit which is now $8250. 

I have also had two non-fraud disputes with them that they handled perfectly and found in my favor without any fuss and while customer service is foreign, the reps are always as helpful as the system will allow them to be. 

Truth be told, I am teetering on the fence when it comes to dropping my new PayPal Cashback to the sock drawer and using my QS for my non-category spend because the PayPal card is a bunch of extra hassle that I don’t have with the QS and I don’t have much non-category spend to make that .5% worth it. 

Message 11 of 31
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I would wait until you receive the denial letter.

Then I would mail your complaint giving your name / address/ last 4 ssan / and the reference number from the denial letter.  This should be more then enough to identify you. Cap1 recon is the worst

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thank you. Then sent me a digital version of the credit increase denial it is in my messages on my account portal.
Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

My paypal mc is a pain and I find only use it spot because it’s easier to sign into PayPal when making online purchases.
Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card denial reasons

• Based on your credit report from Experian,too few or no revolving accounts are rated as satisfactory
• Based on your credit report from Experian,there are too many new accounts
• Based on your credit report from Experian,length of credit history
• Based on your credit report from Equifax,length of credit history

The last three are self explanatory but the first one stating rated as satisfactory?

Does anyone know what this means? I don’t have any past due accounts, never missed a payment and over half my credit accounts have no balance.

Thoughts? Letter to was from capital one
Message 15 of 31
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay thank you. Then sent me a digital version of the credit increase denial it is in my messages on my account portal.

Just realized that Cap1s letters do not have Ref#s so enclose a copy of your denial letter instead.  Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!
Message 17 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit card denial reasons

The risk factor statement is not referring to past due/missed payments or other negative information.  Instead, it is likely the result of either a short credit history or a "thin" credit history, or both.  Credit scoring systems not only look at whether your accounts are paid on time, but also at the length and depth of your credit history. 

So, the top reason is evaluating the context dimension of your profile while the 2 bottom reasons EX/EQ are rating the overal length.

Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It’s not really worth fighting. You initiated a request for additional credit and they’re within their rights to perform a HP for the request. Either send them the documentation requested or just wait for it to drop off. If you dispute it, you’re just risking causing even more problems and they’ll just validate it anyway. 

I disagree with you there, if they state it will not affect credit, they are misleading the consumer when they request a credit increase. I have done my credit increases with them and no HP to my profile, other I wouldnt even bother seeking a credit increase. 1 wasted HP to me is worth fighting for

Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It’s not really worth fighting. You initiated a request for additional credit and they’re within their rights to perform a HP for the request. Either send them the documentation requested or just wait for it to drop off. If you dispute it, you’re just risking causing even more problems and they’ll just validate it anyway. 

I disagree with you there, if they state it will not affect credit, they are misleading the consumer when they request a credit increase. I have done my credit increases with them and no HP to my profile, other I wouldnt even bother seeking a credit increase. I wasted HP to me is worth fighting for

While it’s correct that they are in the wrong here, someone suggested filing a dispute with the credit bureaus which would cause more problems than it would help. Capital One would just validate the inquiry and possible take AA on the account. 

Emailing the EO is the correct path to take at this point if sending all of the information requested by snail mail is deemed too risky. 

An HP is worth nothing compared to an actual account. I certainly wouldn’t get up in arms about something as minor as a HP that won’t have any scoring impact in a year (and may not have any scoring impact in the present if you have other HPs due to bucketing). 

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.