Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP 1 clearly has a score threshold for CLIs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAP 1 clearly has a score threshold for CLIs

@Anonymous wrote:
I was wondering what it is. I have been trying to get a CLI on my quicksilver for months. I have only received one for $500. Is it 700?
I'm wondering OP...you mentioned you've been trying for months...are you getting a message from Cap One that you've recently had a CLI....There's usually timing to when they will grant another CLI...my scores across all 3 CB on myfico are 643 to 688...Both of my individual cards started at $500 I've had one a little over a year and the other almost a year and June and they are $1800 and $2000 now....those are my current scores...they were much lower than when I got the cards and I do not PIF all the time...I think you're being caught in their every 6 month timing for CLI requests...the only time that doesn't rang too true is under Credit Steps...you can get your first one after your 2nd/3rd statement and then their auto CLI around 5th/6th statement...then after that every 6 months.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my two $500 CLI's when my card was still a platinum, and literally the day after my second $500 CLI I received my upgrade to QS.  Not sure if a PC has anything to do with CLI amount.  I've seen guys with the platinum get $2-3k increases just like the QS, so I'm not sure why there would be a difference from a PC.

Message 12 of 15
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

@kjm79 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, scores aside, are the folks who are getting low CLIs on their QS's card carriers who pc'd that QS from a Platinum or a QS1? Just wondering if the prior status as one of their "lower" tier cards carries weight on future CLI's on that card. V

I know I've read threads where old HSBC cards that were taken over by Cap1 had little to no growth and even difficulties in PC'ing. I'm wondering if there is similiar mindset with first being approved for a "lower tier" Cap1 card and then pc'ing that card?? Some kind of lower tier memory, maybe. The cards grow over time but are those cards slower to grow?

No, my card they will only give max 400 after 7 months of heavy usage is a regular QS Visa.

Message 13 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@kjm79 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, scores aside, are the folks who are getting low CLIs on their QS's card carriers who pc'd that QS from a Platinum or a QS1? Just wondering if the prior status as one of their "lower" tier cards carries weight on future CLI's on that card. V

I know I've read threads where old HSBC cards that were taken over by Cap1 had little to no growth and even difficulties in PC'ing. I'm wondering if there is similiar mindset with first being approved for a "lower tier" Cap1 card and then pc'ing that card?? Some kind of lower tier memory, maybe. The cards grow over time but are those cards slower to grow?

As a data point, my (previous) QS1 MasterCard's last CLI was for $1k, the same as my QS Visa Signature.  That MasterCard started off as an HSBC/Orchard Bank 'Platinum' card with a $300 credit line. 

Actually, the last two CLIs on that card have been $1k, and that's with little usage.  I got a PC to a no-AF QS MasterCard in February and haven't had a CLI since then so I'm not sure yet if the PC will make a difference (I'll be eligible again in June).

Hope this helps!  Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I combined my older Platinum and QS and then wanted them to change the card to QS, which they did.  But never a CLI!  You might be right!  But I will keep trying on all 3 of mine.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.