Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CARECREDIT pending approval. Chances?

tag
Katheryne88
Regular Contributor

CARECREDIT pending approval. Chances?

I applied for a CC card because both my daughter and I need crowns and our insurance doenst cover for all of it. 

DENIED.. Called to recon and they told me that they don't look into it after denied because it's an automated system but I could apply again if I wanted, so i did. 

This time it said PENDING.. gave me a # to call and discuss it with them. 

Anyone been through this?> What are my chances?

My scores are high 500- low 600 across.. not baddies.. just not enough history and no CL open because I went through a divorce in the begining of last year and had no money to keep the only CC I had. Now I have good income. 

Starting score May 2015 500's across the boards
Now - 610 EQ 598 TU 597 EX
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: CARECREDIT pending approval. Chances?

@Katheryne88 wrote:

I applied for a CC card because both my daughter and I need crowns and our insurance doenst cover for all of it. 

DENIED.. Called to recon and they told me that they don't look into it after denied because it's an automated system but I could apply again if I wanted, so i did. 

This time it said PENDING.. gave me a # to call and discuss it with them. 

Anyone been through this?> What are my chances?

My scores are high 500- low 600 across.. not baddies.. just not enough history and no CL open because I went through a divorce in the begining of last year and had no money to keep the only CC I had. Now I have good income. 

It might be verification. Call and see.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

Message 3 of 9
Katheryne88
Regular Contributor

musiclover - lol Cant tell if that's sarcasm 

Message 4 of 9
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I hate to sound harsh but they denied you initailly and they asked you to reapply and you did. Has anything changed on your report since your last application? If not then they will proabably decline you again. Good luck though. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 9
Katheryne88
Regular Contributor

Yeah I understand all of that... but... hope

My 3 year old daughter mostly really needs the treatment. The worse I can hear is no, but i still wont give up, onto to try something else. 

Message 6 of 9
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Hate to see you get 2 HP for nothing. Keep us updated

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are taking 2 HPs, then don't get off the phone until you get approved.  Hopefully, it is just a verification issue... Keep us posted on results.

Message 8 of 9
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Katheryne88 wrote:

Yeah I understand all of that... but... hope

My 3 year old daughter mostly really needs the treatment. The worse I can hear is no, but i still wont give up, onto to try something else. 

I hope it works out for you --  maybe your dentist would be willing to make a payment plan that would work for you if you can't get CareCredit? 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.