Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CF or CSP next for Trifecta / CSP Approval Odds

tag
chckn_permission
Established Member

CF or CSP next for Trifecta / CSP Approval Odds

Hi everyone,

New guy over here but have lurked for a couple weeks. I'm looking to get the Chase Trifecta and was debating on whether or not I should go for the CF or CSP next within the next couple months and what my odds would be for the CSP. I've considered the CSR but I don't think I would be approved yet.

Sears Citi Card (AU) - $2,800, x/2010

BoA Cash Rewards - $2,800, 7/18

BR Synchrony - $3,500, 2/19

CFU - $1,000, 5/19

(3/24)

Income - $58,000

FICO8: 730

TransUnion (CreditKarma): 739

Equifax (CreditKarma): 728

I was initially denied the CFU when I applied online. The denial letter stated I did not have a sufficient balance in Chase accounts and insufficient credit history. I called recon and got approved for $1,000. I want to go for the CSP next, but I would also want to time it when I have big purchases coming up. Being initally denied the CFU makes me hesitant.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CF or CSP next for Trifecta / CSP Approval Odds

CSP is a 5K min CL

CSR is a 10K min CL

They're going to want to see at least a year under your belt at either of those levels before there's an approval as you saw with the CFU. Just keep working the spend/pay and hit the CLI button for your accounts to get the limits up to where they need to be.

Message 2 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

https://i.imgur.com/JJuyV4A.gif 

Message 3 of 6
TheAuthorizedUser
New Contributor

I would definitely let some time pass before you pull the trigger unless you see a checkmark in the Chase Pre-qual..

Garden Life: 4.01.20
Leaving Garden: 1.15.22
Updated: 4.15.20

Message 4 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You getting the CFU in May and having to recon to get a $1K SL is a pretty good indicator that your odds of another Chase card right now are pretty slim.   Chase prefers to let someone else be the guinea pig in establishing ability to adequately manage credit limits at a given threshold.

I'd suggest you consider trying for a CLI on your BoA card (almost certainly a SP on TU) and ask for at least $5K then reevaluate your position in 6 months.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 6
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They're going to want to see at least a year under your belt at either of those levels before there's an approval as you saw with the CFU. Just keep working the spend/pay and hit the CLI button for your accounts to get the limits up to where they need to be.

Unless you have found a secret level after defeating the final boss, Chase doesn't have a CLI button that I am aware of. But absolutely hit up your other accounts. For Chase, you can certainly call to request one, or in my recommendation- use the secured messaging on the website. But as for the OP, definitely wait and continue to chip away at the block before attempting any CLI's, as Chase will require a hard pull to do so.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.