Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFNA Firestone credit cli denial

tag
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

CFNA Firestone credit cli denial

About 2 weeks ago i requested a cli on my 2800 firestone cc, instant denial. today i got the letter. reasons,

ACCOUNTS OPENED RECENTLY

LACK OF SATISFACTORY CREDIT HISTORY

OPEN DATE OF OLDEST REPORTED REVOLVING ACCOUNT TOO RECENT

NO AUTO LOANS REPORTED

I have read the ceiling on this card is 3200 so it would have been a small cli anyway.

What i found most interesting about the letter was a transunion score of 733 on 10/01/2022. None of my fico or vantage scores are that high, where the heck did they get that number?

I havent used the card for 2 years but recently they sent me an email saying the card will convert to a cobranded rewards visa/mc soon.

I plan to get an oil change there next week just to keep it open to see the rewards structure.

PS - The last auto loan i had was paid off in 2010

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: CFNA Firestone credit cli denial

Do you have MyFICO 3B? Could have been Bankcard 8 or 9 FICO score.

Message 2 of 13
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Do you have MyFICO 3B? Could have been Bankcard 8 or 9 FICO score.

Its not my fico's bankcard 8 or 9, all those are 680's to 690's, i have 2 scores over 700, 700 and 709, but they are auto loan scores.

I have the premium account here at my fico and none of the many scores is 733

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Income 40k
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 3 of 13
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Could be a Vantage 4.0... you can't get those anywhere AFAIK. 

Message 4 of 13
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

I have vantage scores at ck, cs, and wallet hub. All of those are 708

Income 40k
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 5 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@805orbust wrote:

But all those are VS 3.0, not 4.0. You can't get 4.0 scores outside of Synchrony cards I believe. 

Did the letter not specify which version of TU? Or did they say they used the *information* from TU, but didn't actually get your score from there?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 13
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@805orbust wrote:

But all those are VS 3.0, not 4.0. You can't get 4.0 scores outside of Synchrony cards I believe. 

Did the letter not specify which version of TU? Or did they say they used the *information* from TU, but didn't actually get your score from there?

No, the letter was worded " your credit score is 733 " . I assume it was transunion because the letter said if I find any innacuracies contact transunion. Upon reading the letter a few more times perhaps cfna has their own internal score like navy. In the letter they mention its a custom score and they said " the consumer reporting agency played no part in our decision "

the letter goes on to state that the credit reporting agency is unable to provide specific reasons for our decision.

Income 40k
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 7 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@805orbust wrote:

No, the letter was worded " your credit score is 733 " . I assume it was transunion because the letter said if I find any innacuracies contact transunion. Upon reading the letter a few more times perhaps cfna has their own internal score like navy. In the letter they mention its a custom score and they said " the consumer reporting agency played no part in our decision "

the letter goes on to state that the credit reporting agency is unable to provide specific reasons for our decision.

A variety of lenders bake their own proprietary scoring criteria which is supplemental to the data supplied from any of the CRAs plus any scoring versions as applicable. So, since you observed a significant variance and the letter clearly mentioned it's a custom score, this would be no different than Chase, NFCU, Comenity/CCB and others who use their own proprietary models. 

Message 8 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@805orbust wrote:

Mystery solved. Proprietary score it is then. Smiley Wink

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 13
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

About 2 weeks ago i requested a cli on my 2800 firestone cc, instant denial. today i got the letter. reasons,

ACCOUNTS OPENED RECENTLY

LACK OF SATISFACTORY CREDIT HISTORY

OPEN DATE OF OLDEST REPORTED REVOLVING ACCOUNT TOO RECENT

NO AUTO LOANS REPORTED

I have read the ceiling on this card is 3200 so it would have been a small cli anyway.

What i found most interesting about the letter was a transunion score of 733 on 10/01/2022. None of my fico or vantage scores are that high, where the heck did they get that number?

I havent used the card for 2 years but recently they sent me an email saying the card will convert to a cobranded rewards visa/mc soon.

I plan to get an oil change there next week just to keep it open to see the rewards structure.

PS - The last auto loan i had was paid off in 2010

I honestly feel that that some providers are tightening CLI's due to the lousy economy and inflation.  I saw a article this week in the WSJ that many are carrying higher credit card balances- not that you or anyone here that is educated is- but they don't see it that way.  It's likely not you

6/20 :12/22 :
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.