cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFU in branch pre approval lol/24???

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Re: CFU in branch pre approval lol/24???

To address multiple recent posts;

I am NOT churning Chase. CSP has been my daily driver and sees over $2k spend per month and is always PIF.

That said I’m unsure, as most of us are, if this is paranoia or if there is truly cause for concerns. Regardless, many of you are right, I have fantastic cards and am seeing massive returns and earning on current cards. CSP will remain a daily driver and likely my most used card. Either way I don’t want to risk what I’ve built.

Chase has been extremely good to me but I suppose I’ll hope for a great SUB in 15 months.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 21 of 27
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
While potentially the outcome may be ok, just keep in mind the possibility of AA risk regardless of in-branch pre-approval. No one here would know what the PRR folks might do if it lands on the radar. Hopefully it plays out ok.

How long ago was the CSP approval btw?

What gives you this idea? I have not seen anyone claim Chase AA from an in-branch pre-approval. If 10 years of relationship isn’t enough for them then nothing will ever satisfy them and nobody should get cards with them. 

For the same reason that just because you have green checkmarks on your online account for new cards doesn't mean you should do it; in branch preapprovals doesn't mean they themselves process the app they get the same info pulled that you get online. Go to reddit and you'll find plenty of stories there of Chase closing accounts after the fact whether you get one via online acct or in-branch.

Those people are churners though, I highly doubt they have a 10 year relationship with Chase. It’s the situation as a whole, not the individual pieces, that make me believe that things will be fine. Things can and do happen but I highly doubt that’s going to be the case here. 

Chase does NOT care how long your relationship is with them or how much money you have with them. You don't believe me go to the shutdown thread at churning reddit. I'll wait.

OP, your credit behavior is just asking for AA on your Chase accounts if you apply. It's your decision we can't tell you what to do but if you want to risk your cards with them and run the risk of setting your mortgage back then that's all on you. But if you ask me I wouldn't take the risk at all as @SouthJamaica said you got plenty of cards to work with.

You’re still talking about churning rules which I don’t see kicking in here but with a mortgage on the horizon, I’ll admit it’s probably not worth finding out. 

Lots of new accounts, young profile, SUBs...no one at Chase sits there and goes "Oh, that one is not churning subs, they must have MyFico Login". You either look like one or you dont. It makes no difference if you are or aren't. 

They are not paid to care, they are paid to reduce the risk. As long as there are plenty of qualified applicants, Chase wont cry salty tears over it. 

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
While potentially the outcome may be ok, just keep in mind the possibility of AA risk regardless of in-branch pre-approval. No one here would know what the PRR folks might do if it lands on the radar. Hopefully it plays out ok.

How long ago was the CSP approval btw?

What gives you this idea? I have not seen anyone claim Chase AA from an in-branch pre-approval. If 10 years of relationship isn’t enough for them then nothing will ever satisfy them and nobody should get cards with them. 

For the same reason that just because you have green checkmarks on your online account for new cards doesn't mean you should do it; in branch preapprovals doesn't mean they themselves process the app they get the same info pulled that you get online. Go to reddit and you'll find plenty of stories there of Chase closing accounts after the fact whether you get one via online acct or in-branch.

Those people are churners though, I highly doubt they have a 10 year relationship with Chase. It’s the situation as a whole, not the individual pieces, that make me believe that things will be fine. Things can and do happen but I highly doubt that’s going to be the case here. 

Chase does NOT care how long your relationship is with them or how much money you have with them. You don't believe me go to the shutdown thread at churning reddit. I'll wait.

OP, your credit behavior is just asking for AA on your Chase accounts if you apply. It's your decision we can't tell you what to do but if you want to risk your cards with them and run the risk of setting your mortgage back then that's all on you. But if you ask me I wouldn't take the risk at all as @SouthJamaica said you got plenty of cards to work with.

You’re still talking about churning rules which I don’t see kicking in here but with a mortgage on the horizon, I’ll admit it’s probably not worth finding out. 

Lots of new accounts, young profile, SUBs...no one at Chase sits there and goes "Oh, that one is not churning subs, they must have MyFico Login". You either look like one or you dont. It makes no difference if you are or aren't. 

They are not paid to care, they are paid to reduce the risk. As long as there are plenty of qualified applicants, Chase wont cry salty tears over it. 

I get this but when I see the cards OP has in their wallet, I don’t see a churner, I see someone who has money and likes to spend it which is exactly the kind of customer Chase wants. Since we now know that the CSP gets heavy use, I’m even less inclined to believe the risk is real than I was from the start but regardless, it’s better to be safe than sorry when you land on someone’s desk and they’ve had a bad day. 

Message 23 of 27
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Saeren nailed it. We are young and enjoying life. Exactly what Chase loves. I’m not churning anyone, just learning. That said I can be content with what I have.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 24 of 27
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Do yourself a favor and hold off. Despite whatever face they're trying to market, they are very much still the same old bank.

As a former employee of Chase, on the corporate side, not a branch, Chase does not care about relationships. They. Don't. Care. They may take it into consideration if you're a private client, but the rules are strict and can't be circumvented, not even for employees. Unless you have JP Morgan money with them, they don't care. If something gets flagged, they move quickly and you have to fix the fallout on your time. They will shutdown or ice your accounts without warning. According to my former co-workers that are still there, it has only gotten more strict.

Message 25 of 27
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Not that there was a huge issue, but you chose wisely anyway.. good decision Chasing-851 Smiley Happy.  Bask in the glory you have attained and enjoy the reward riches. Not always easy to sit on ice even for myself, but that's why our knowledge here keeps us ahead and continually making informed decisions based on the information available at the time.

Time is on our side, unless I keep eating those darn Welches Fruit Snacks from Costco, then we're going to have an issue.  

Message 26 of 27
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Caught750 wrote:
So I’ve discussed this app with some of you already. I’m looking for additional input.

First I have an in branch pre approval for CFU. I’ve heard everything from these don’t get shut down and are almost bomb proof to they are no different than any other app.

I went hard with apps early this year and have a recent approval as well. I believe 6 this year. That said Chase based the pre approvals on a 3 day old SP. That SP doesn’t leave much to the imagination. My CSP is also 3 months old and Hyatt is a year old. I wish I had time to say I’ll wait 3 to 6 months but I don’t as I’ll be in the garden for a mortgage. Yes I know I’m supposed to be in there already by my own admission but June 1st is the hard deadline where I ABSOLUTELY CANT STEP OUT.

I have a lot of history with Chase spanning back about 10 years. I’m looking for thoughts on whether or not to pull the trigger. Chase is my main bank and has my direct deposit as well. If I do and get AA is it likely closure of all CC accounts, the new account, all accounts including banking?

Branch pre-approvals are pretty solid but I would hold off until your most recent account is at least 6 months. You also need to realize that you can be subject to an AA for too many recently opened accounts. Do you really need the account?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.