cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE 30-Day message... data points?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHASE 30-Day message... data points?

congrats on the approval @R69
Message 21 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just going to add in my current experience as another data point.  I apped online for a Chase Freedom card yesterday morning and instantly recieved the "7-10 days" notification.  Shortly thereafter, I recieved an email saying that I will be notified by mail within 30 days. Calling the automated number (800-436-7927) gives me "account still under review, decision within 7-10 days".  I'm calling the automated number daily, so I will give an update once I found out what the decision is.

Typically the 7-10 days on the automated system does not change if that's the final decision (it really won't say that the application was denied) - you'll have to wait for the letter to confirm.  The only time a 7-10 day automated message changes (if at all) is if the application gets reactivated due to additional processing, such as verification for exampel (i.e. individual receives a letter requesting additional information to finish processing).

Ah.  Good to know.  Even if it's a denial, I'll still call the recon line and give it a shot.  But maybe the denied application will at least allow me to opt-in to the pre-screened offers.  For some reason, everytime I go to their pre-approval site, i get the "no offers available, opted out of pre-screen....blahblah".  I've never had a Chase account, but I do want to get my foot in the door with them for the future.

Definitely try the reconsideration route, but wait for the letter just to confirm and be more prepared on appealing the reasons cited.

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

App'd for Amazon visa and got the 30 day message.  I do not hold the best scores or best record.  Will be calling the backdoor number once they open and I will update with what I find out.  If denied will try a 2nd recon but nothing further.

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do know that most of us with the 30 day message have had much better success letting it ride out, rather than calling and being denied, right?
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You do know that most of us with the 30 day message have had much better success letting it ride out, rather than calling and being denied, right?

I've seen a lot both ways.  Unless theres alot of people who dont put their denials on the forms.  Why would riding it out be different from talking to someone?  Maybe theres something a person will see that automated system will not, which could go both ways too.

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

another data point: applied for United MileagePlus on Sunday and Marriott yesterday, got the 30 message both times, got approved the next day in both cases.

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've seen a lot both ways.  Unless theres alot of people who dont put their denials on the forms.  Why would riding it out be different from talking to someone?  Maybe theres something a person will see that automated system will not, which could go both ways too.

My guess is that the automated system is less finicky. My own experience supports the "don't call in" idea as well. 

CSP app was at 30 days for a week before being approved. Due to Chase error, had to re-apply for FU (app'd same time as CSP but they lost it), and foolishly assumed that since they approved me for CSP for 9k, a FU would be a shoe-in and called to expedite the application process. Very rudely denied.

Ended up calling back the next day and was able to convince the new rep to open an FU at the cost of splitting CSP's limit.

Case in point - at best there is nothing to lose by allowing the app to run it's course, and at worst you are more likely to be denied from anecdotal evidence.

Message 27 of 29
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Back in October I apped for the Chase Southwest and the Disney cards and for both app I got the app pending "7-10 days" message after clicking submit but on the email it said 30 days. I held back from calling and let the apps ride out. About a week later I got the denial letters for both apps. On 4/20 I applied for the AARP card and after clicking submit this time I got the same message 7 to 10 days and the email mentioned 30 days. Again decided to let the app ride out and today on the 20th day robo lady said I was approved.

Just my data points.

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys just wanted to add my current status, just app'd this morning through pre-approval and was given the 30 day email message as well. So hoping for the best and going to ride it out. 

*Update

-Just got the notification that Chase pulled TU. 

*Update 2

- Called the automated line to check on status, was given the 2 week message. Then called the verification line, answered a few security questions, was sent a code via text message, and then app was reviewed and approved for $13.9k Smiley Happy happy camper right now!!

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.