Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE Freedom Visa Platinum

tag
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

CHASE Freedom Visa Platinum

I applied for the CHASE Freedom Visa Platinum on 2/14/15.  I was denied and I want to recon.  I have several issues with the reason for the denial.......

1) They state they pulled Equifax FICO Score and my score was 582.....uh no way!!!  I know for a fact that was not my Equifax FICO Score on 2/14/15.  My score around that date was 616-620.  Somewhat low but I still tried for the card.

2) They state my credit report reflects judments or delinquent accounts.......uh, I have a recent credit report in front of me that I pulled before I went on a mini app spree during Valentine's Day weekend, and I have no judgements or delinquent accounts.

What are your suggestions?  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHASE Freedom Visa Platinum

@DeadlyPersona wrote:

I applied for the CHASE Freedom Visa Platinum on 2/14/15.  I was denied and I want to recon.  I have several issues with the reason for the denial.......

1) They state they pulled Equifax FICO Score and my score was 582.....uh no way!!!  I know for a fact that was not my Equifax FICO Score on 2/14/15.  My score around that date was 616-620.  Somewhat low but I still tried for the card.

2) They state my credit report reflects judments or delinquent accounts.......uh, I have a recent credit report in front of me that I pulled before I went on a mini app spree during Valentine's Day weekend, and I have no judgements or delinquent accounts.

So if no negatives...Just WHAT exactly is dragging your score through the mud?

Message 2 of 12
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure......there have been quite a few inquiries in the last 12 months but I thought CHASE wasn't inquiry sensitive.  Is that incorrect?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeadlyPersona wrote:

I'm not sure......there have been quite a few inquiries in the last 12 months but I thought CHASE wasn't inquiry sensitive.  Is that incorrect?

Inquiries...Even if you had 50 won't drag down your EX anywhere near that level with no other negatives.

How about some more credit profile info?

Message 4 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Just beause they aren't generally as inquiry sensitive (compared to say Barclay's) does not necessarily mean they're going to approve you with "quite a few" of them.

Inq sensitive or not, banks still look at a lot of recent inq's as more risky because it appears you are desperately looking for credit. You may have to just wait. You can recon again, but I don't know if it's gonna help.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeadlyPersona wrote:

@DeadlyPersona,

In order to get good feedback, lay bare exactly what is in your report.  If you were on an app. spree on Valentines day, how many accounts? how many inquiries?  What judgement is Chase seeing?  How old are they?  Because without that, we will all be throwing pins at the wall hoping they stick without facts.

Message 6 of 12
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

I did a recon call and I was asked about student loan accounts that I paid late a few times....account has since been closed.  I was asked about recent accounts being opened.  I explained I went from having no credit history to trying to establish credit.  He stated he would like to see more history on those recent accounts.  He also stated that since the student loan accounts were so long ago it didn't have any impact on his decision to not extend credit at this time.  Ok, I understand.....(to self) I'll wait 6 months, let accounts age, scores rise and try again.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeadlyPersona wrote:

I did a recon call and I was asked about student loan accounts that I paid late a few times....account has since been closed.  I was asked about recent accounts being opened.  I explained I went from having no credit history to trying to establish credit.  He stated he would like to see more history on those recent accounts.  He also stated that since the student loan accounts were so long ago it didn't have any impact on his decision to not extend credit at this time.  Ok, I understand.....(to self) I'll wait 6 months, let accounts age, scores rise and try again.

@DeadlyPersona,

This- Ok, I understand.....(to self) I'll wait 6 months, let accounts age, scores rise and try again. Is a good decision.  Sometimes waiting is the best decision to reach the ultimate goal.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, when credit analysts say "delinquent accounts," they mean accounts that are now or have ever been delinquent. Regardless of whether the account is open or closed, that is considered a delinquency.

Message 9 of 12
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement you guys.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.