Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE PRE-QUALIFIED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CHASE PRE-QUALIFIED

Hello brand new to the forum.A week Ago I signed up for chase credit journey. And I see I am Pre-Qualified for the freedom ULTD,slate,preferred and freedom. How solid Are the pre qualification Offers?...I have been wanting the chase freedom, A week ago I had a solid APR of 24.74% and I checked today and now it's 23.74%. Is that a good sign?

fico scores: exp:672-EQ-666-trans-681

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: CHASE PRE-QUALIFIED

Hello and welcome to the forums! A solid APR is a good indicator of approval. It is always a YMMV situation with any preapproval and is never guaranteed, unfortunately. The reason your APR changed is due to federal prime rate dropping a full percentage point on 3/16; any cards with variable APR just went down a point because of this. How many new accounts have you opened in the last 24 months? Do

you have a BK on any of your reports? Have you ever had a card with Chase or with any bank they have purchased over the years?

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 2 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh gotcha. 3 cards in the last 24 months.No bk. Never had chase before. I have no collections either. Just one chargeoff from 5 years ago from capital one that I paid off in full already. Since then I have already been approved with capital one.

Message 3 of 45
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

I have a feeling you may be able to get approved for the Freedom, as it has less strict underwriting than some of their higher tier cards, but your scores are on the lower end of their approval spectrum so maybe don't get your hopes too high for a gigantic SL. Chase isn't known for dishing out SLs that are much higher (if even as high) as your current limits on your cards. You can most likely expect a double pull as well if you apply. I'm not a hardcore Chase expert, but Freedom is also next on my "to do" list so I've been doing my research too. Maybe someone with a little more Chase experience will chime in with a second opinion. Whatever you decide to do, good luck and keep us posted. Stick around the forums, too! There's a lot to be learned from a very helpful community!  Smiley Happy

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for ur feedback! Greatly appreciate it! I'll be sure to stick around for others opinion!

Message 5 of 45
MasonK
Frequent Contributor

I'm in the same boat as the others in thinking your scores might be enough, but it's not a certainty. If you want to lay low for 3-6 months to see how your numbers move, it might be worth the wait.

If you do go for it, let us know how it works out. We love data points on this board!

1/1/16 FICO8 Scores: EX: 407, EQ: 403, TU: 455
4/1/24 FICO8 Scores: EX: 832, EQ: 820, TU: 834
FICO9 EX: 818
Total Revolving Limits: $152,300

Message 6 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, or maybe I'll wait a week. My scores should go up After one of my credit card reports this Friday and brings down my utilization to 2%, I'll keep u guys posted. Thanks again. 

Message 7 of 45
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Chase is not too picky about scores

They do not like too many new accounts (exceeding 5 in 24 months), and relatively recent negatives. 

Prequals are not guarantees, but they are very indicative of approval chances. 

If you never burned Chase, go for it.

It will most likely be a double pull, TU and one other. 

Good luck. 

Message 8 of 45
MasonK
Frequent Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Chase is not too picky about scores

They do not like too many new accounts (exceeding 5 in 24 months), and relatively recent negatives. 

Prequals are not guarantees, but they are very indicative of approval chances. 

If you never burned Chase, go for it.

It will most likely be a double pull, TU and one other. 

Good luck. 

And this is  exactly how I got talked into apping for my Sapphire Preferred in December even though I didn't think my scores were high enough and I had no prequal offers!

As you can see, I got the card. ;-)

1/1/16 FICO8 Scores: EX: 407, EQ: 403, TU: 455
4/1/24 FICO8 Scores: EX: 832, EQ: 820, TU: 834
FICO9 EX: 818
Total Revolving Limits: $152,300

Message 9 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I'm at 3/24 and my last negative acct was 5 years ago that I have already paid off in full directly to capital one. Since then I have been approved for capital one, so I'm sure it was a second chance since I paid them back in full.but I think I'll wait a week when my utilization is at 2% and try my luck with chase.

Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.