Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI - CLI decline for AA World Elite

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CITI - CLI decline for AA World Elite

I had paid down my balance to $500 on the card and waited for the statement to cut yesterday. Today I went to my account and requested an increase. It denied me so I called tonight and person I spoke with said it's because my card hasn't been open for a year.  Does that make sense?

My credit limit is $3k and card was opened last July

Thanks 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: CITI - CLI decline for AA World Elite

I didn't get my first increase till having the card for a year. After that it has been every 180 days. For some it's 6 months from activation. I wasn't that lucky.
Message 2 of 6
jd403
Regular Contributor

I did find it odd but I can hold out a few weeks and see what happens

FICO 8: TU 716 EX, 718 EQ 721 (10/19/21)

Discover IT $10.5k, Citi AA $10.8k , Cap One QS - $6.3k, Amex Optima - $4k Kohl's - $3k, M-Life MasterCard $8k, Amex Delta Gold $16.5k
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Op I did get an CLI (sp) after 2 months having my AA Advantage card it wasn't much 1,400. Also I'm not the only one here there are others who have had the similar experiences

Message 4 of 6
pip3man
Valued Contributor

If this makes you feel any better, I've had mine for close to 4yrs and NEVER for once got a CLI in the form of a HP/SP so console yourself. You'll eventually get one...

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got Citi TY Prem. Got SP CLI after 10 months. Now 3500. Abused it. All meals.

Opened AA, got SL 6000. Haven't tried anything yet. Waiting the magical 10 months to see if that's an option.

At time of CLI for TYP, I received a mailer for pre-approval for double cash.

A theory...non branded gets more probability of CLI?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.