cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI CLIs

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CITI CLIs

No guys, i think Birdman7 WAS talking about Legacy Citi. The issue is we've discussed this before concerning how Citi considers all cards legacy and retail in total exposure. In my case, i am severely affected due to my income. @Birdman7, if you have high income i dont think you have much to worry about asking for cli on a legacy card. Leave it to me to get a card with a limit higher thsn i makeSmiley Wink. Oh , and as to cld oneself, not sure as i havent done it yet. Probably send an sm or call would be my guess.
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
!
Message 11 of 21
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thats what i figured. I cant get sny sp luv on my DC or DP. Even now my DP says its not eligbleSmiley Sad. Thanks Macys AmexSmiley Wink

I’m hoping to get another CLI here in a few days. My last increase on the DC was March 13, I believe. I use the DC more than any of my other cards. (Or should I say EITHER of my other cards...)

Discover It: 19.7k
Amex BCE: 18k
Citi DC: 5.7k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 12 of 21
Valued Contributor

Let me clarify I’m definitely talking about the CLI on Legacy CITI, but as AJC said, I believe DSNB, citi’s retail branch, will limit me, like AJC. No, I’m not high income.

I just went for the CLI and it told me they wanted to do an HP and I declined. At least it didn’t say I had reached maximum exposure. It will say that right, AJC?

Installment loan reported this month,so technically, I'm at 2 months, but AoYA points were NOT reset. When new CCs hit and it is reset, I'll put the number it is.+1,+2,+2(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Scores updated AUG 4, '19. Since then, 5 HP dings to add; will update again.
Message 13 of 21
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Lol, what were the odds on that @pinkandgrey 😄🙋‍♂️
!
Message 14 of 21
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:
I just went for the CLI and it told me they wanted to do an HP and I declined. At least it didn’t say I had reached maximum exposure. It will say that right, AJC?

I've gotten this message the last three attempts. Unfortunately i don't want to waste a HP on Citi CLI, I've got bigger fish to fry. 

Especially if it's a measly $500-1,000. 

Once I get the two cards I'm after, I'll go for the HP. 

Message 15 of 21
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Im not sure if one would get the max exposure lingo in the denial letter. I believe ive gotten it but not 100% sure. For sure i know thats why i wont get anymore with Citi with my credit limit to income ratioSmiley Wink.
!
Message 16 of 21
Valued Contributor

The Macy’s AmEx I’m not worried about, because that’s a bankcard but the Macy’s retail card is what I want to CLD, so I have a better chance at a CLI on my Citi legacy card.

Do you think that’s sound?

Installment loan reported this month,so technically, I'm at 2 months, but AoYA points were NOT reset. When new CCs hit and it is reset, I'll put the number it is.+1,+2,+2(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Message 17 of 21
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sounds good. If you have the Amex , realistically you dont need the store cardSmiley Wink
!
Message 18 of 21
Valued Contributor

True, but its my oldest account...wish I could give the Macy's AmEx, the Macy's retail open date.

Message 19 of 21

@Birdman7 wrote:
True, but its my oldest account...wish I could give the Macy's AmEx, the Macy's retail open date.

I have the same issue with my Lowe's card... I have no use for it now (when I got it I was a homeowner) but at 15 years old it's my oldest card by several years so I plan to keep it around indefinitely.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.